2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

4741 - 4760 of 5225 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sorry, then I was wrong before. Happy to hear that freestyler has to change the button only. That should be doable more easy than changing/organizing the whole correct cluster switch or soldering a new switch to the board.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys, After unsuccessful tries to change my Mazda 3 2017 GT headlamp type from AFS to just ALS in IC , I do not get a front light illumination light on the IC.

Could anyone help me? I think I reverted everything back, but somehow fog light indicator does not light up on the dash.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The only fog light related known AS built info I found in the XLS is in the RBCM. Have you checked 7B7-01-01 B0 b2 ? (Rear Fog Light (light + icon on IC): 0 - Disabled / 1 - Enabled)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thats my picture. you can add the buttons to the board, the resistors and everything was in place, the only thing missing was the switch.
The button worked on mine, but for some reason the light does not illuminate the switch. Let me know if yours does or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The button worked on mine, but for some reason the light does not illuminate the switch. Let me know if yours does or not.
Maybe you need to solder the small SMD light diode also, if they are individual.
I don’t have the parts yet to see what is it about, will tell you when I will

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I do not know anything about values for the front fog light. Are you sure you went back to the values which were previously set? Did you do a backup which you loaded/can load?

·
Registered
55 Posts
USA cars apparently do not have front fog light indicator at all. Starting from 2016+ all Mazdas from NA do not have this function. And it is not possible to enable it without changing the cluster to EU or other.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
So this there never was a light in your IC, you just thought there has to be one. Then you can search a lot and never find a value for the fog light in the IC. Happy for you, that you solved your issue :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
CX8 is not available in so much countries as other models are ... e.g. in Germany CX8 is not sold at all - same with CX4 or CX9. That`s probabaly the reason why there perhaps is no/not so much experience with that model - especially not from one day to the other, as the according guy has to read here as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I am exploring the Mx5 SSU module and I am wondering if the start-stop cancelling would work like in the cx-5. My strings are:

731-01-01 5030 C824 21C7
731-01-02 180D 1926 902F

Can you help for the values to try?

·
Registered
51 Posts
CX8 is not available in so much countries as other models are ... e.g. in Germany CX8 is not sold at all - same with CX4 or CX9. That`s probabaly the reason why there perhaps is no/not so much experience with that model - especially not from one day to the other, as the according guy has to read here as well.
Thank you for your reply. I am gonna upload some pictures for reference. Have a good day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Baldo Mero : Make a backup before changing anything.
Your new values for the test of disabled i-Stop:
731-01-01 5020 C824 21B7
731-01-02 080D 1926 901F
Please let us know, if it was successful or not.
Actually it was.... No problem, system off. I would be happier if instead of a permanent off it would be possible to get an off by default and turn on with the dash button. But anyway, I can confirm that the address is the same in 2019 mx-5

4741 - 4760 of 5225 Posts