4721 - 4740 of 4807 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you hellow, still no effect:)
Anyone knows if I buy the dashboard switches with button for LDWS, I just change it and it should work?

Or do I need other cables and hardware?

My dashboard button set is the one bellow, do you know, if I just change it with the oner that has the LDWS button, will it work directly?

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes, it will work directly. No need to other hardware or wires have to be changed. Only activation of the feature (LDWS) in AS built - but you have done that already. At least at my new cluster switch it was like that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you Tristan,
Do you alao know hot to remove those switches?😂
Just pull them out? or I need to detach, unscrew that part of the dasboard

·
Registered
830 Posts
CX-5 KE with FSC Gen.1 can active LKA/LAS , It's possible and I did.
Mazda CX-5 KE 2015 LKA/LAS test
@lewis-liu : Thanks. Please tell me the AS built data/values you changed in the modules for LAS activation. I assume it was IC and FSC module.
From the video it seems that this car has MRCC? Retrofitted or from factory? And does it have ALH? If so, retrofitted or from factory?
Because the problem I faced was that LAS was only available with ALH and I could not find out the values of IC and FSC Gen.1 modules for LAS activation only, as I do not have ALH (and no MRCC). Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thank you Tristan,
Do you alao know hot to remove those switches?😂
Just pull them out? or I need to detach, unscrew that part of the dasboard
Just pull the cluster switch out (no screws). More details about hooks etc. here at mcx5.org.
There is a trim around the cluster switch, which perhaps also have to be removed, depending on what you buy as a replacement, but how to remove the trim around is shown in the 2nd picture of the link above.
I carefully, but with force use a plastic removal tool (like the marked one below) at the top and at the side of the cluster switch to pull it out. Perhaps a screw driver with tape around would also work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am trying at my local Mazda dealer but they never order it from Mazda so they must talk to Mazda Austria to see the cost and delivery time.

The part code is : BAMG66170A for the one with LDWS button on it.

I searched the web also but I found only weird sites from RU and so on, I've searched on Partsouq.com but nothing

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
I bought mine (other part number) used at ebay or allegro.pl from poland for around 65 €. In Germany (near Austria) BAMG66170A costs new around 307 € at teile-profis dot de - but you also could ask a japanese importer who was cheap at new original parts for a forum user who bought parts for his Mazda6 (big washer liquid tank and washer fluid sensor). We compared prices back then and import from japan was way cheaper than buying here in Germany (see his post here): Japanese importer: MOTORS HEAD JAPAN | Export Japanese Auto, Diesel, Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I made my own switch by taking one of the blank covers and cutting it so it moves up and down then added a plastic extension. Button works perfectly. It just looks like a blank piece
Do you know, can I take only the LDWS button from another switch and mount in on my own switch, will it work?
I am having trouble in finding the switch with LDWS button, but I am thinking to another one and just swap the button in an empty slot from same position
Anyone has the wiring diagram of this whole switch?

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
No you can not - at least not that easily. Behind that button is a (key-) switch at a board. And at your board where the button is not, there is no switch behind that button. So you would have to solder a new switch to the board to use the button. And just asking for a wiring diagram of a cluster switch is not that easy - the more specific you are about your car and your switch, the chances are higher that someone can help you, as there are so many versions of this cluster switch.

Thats what I talked about above (not my photos, found it here somewhere) - thats a board behind the buttons (just as example, I do not know the car/buttons exactly) :

Sorry, I do not have the source of the photos anymore, but they look like, as someone soldered a new switch to the board and achieved, what you are thinking about (new button with functionality).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you Tristan, very helpfull,

My model is this BABD66170A, the model with LDWS button is BAMG66170A

DO you think that if I put another module completely will all the function work?

Like if I put this one with all button, except parking, will they work? or at least the functions I already had? like tyre pressupre, i-stop, traction control even though they are in different position on the switch

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
I do not think that replacing your cluster switch unit with a complete another cluster switch unit (other buttons at other positions) will work, as the buttons do not actually trigger power on/off for one feature, but they only change the resistance (ohms) and according to the resistance the features are activated or not (by the voltage value). Not very comfortable, if you would like to change a button or a cluster switch unit.
Example Wiring Diagram & info (CX-5 KE or KF):

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you know, can I take only the LDWS button from another switch and mount in on my own switch, will it work?
I am having trouble in finding the switch with LDWS button, but I am thinking to another one and just swap the button in an empty slot from same position
Anyone has the wiring diagram of this whole switch?
The switch button is definetly there under the blank cover. I know this for sure because when my switch with TCS and LDWS went bad, I replaced it with a 1 button (only TCS) switch and transferred over the buttons only. It works the same. If you open it up and look at the board you should see the buttons there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hope the PIN layout will work also, from what I saw they differ also, in total there are 10 PINs but some model have fewer than 10 or in different array.
I will search for anithe switch with the LDWS button in the upper middle and take that out to put it on my board, hope it will work and I don’t have to replace cables or any more hardware, more exactly I want to take the LDWS button from the switch bellow from CX-5 and transfer it to my switch in the upper middle, I am doing this because I cannot find part number BAMG66170A anywhere, except Mazda dealer which charges 400 euro for it, crazy!

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
No you can not - at least not that easily. Behind that button is a (key-) switch at a board. And at your board where the button is not, there is no switch behind that button. So you would have to solder a new switch to the board to use the button. And just asking for a wiring diagram of a cluster switch is not that easy - the more specific you are about your car and your switch, the chances are higher that someone can help you, as there are so many versions of this cluster switch.

Thats what I talked about above (not my photos, found it here somewhere) - thats a board behind the buttons (just as example, I do not know the car/buttons exactly) :
View attachment 275035 View attachment 275036

Sorry, I do not have the source of the photos anymore, but they look like, as someone soldered a new switch to the board and achieved, what you are thinking about (new button with functionality).
Thats my picture. you can add the buttons to the board, the resistors and everything was in place, the only thing missing was the switch.

4721 - 4740 of 4807 Posts