2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

4661 - 4680 of 4812 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Then compare the AS builts of two (or better more) nearly same cars - one from nordic europe and one from rest of EU and try to find out which bit it could be... a lot of work, but doable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guys, can someone give me some hints of how to change headlight type? I have Mazda 3 2017 GT. Equipped with full led.

After unsuccessful headlamp replacement , i am getting an error of AFS Malfunction and DTC light.

Probably I bought a new headlamp without AFS/AFL. Not able to determine yet.

Since everything works except AFS... I am not a big fan of AFS and I would like to disable it VIA forscan. Maybe that would help me to get rid of DTC light on the dashboard.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
I can only tell you from CX-5: Older CX-5 from 2012-2014 (with Xenon+AFS) had an AFS button. Newer CX-5 with LED+AFS do not have the AFS button in the cluster switch (left of steering wheel) anymore.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can only tell you from CX-5: Older CX-5 from 2012-2014 (with Xenon+AFS) had an AFS button. Newer CX-5 with LED+AFS do not have the AFS button in the cluster switch (left of steering wheel) anymore.
Oh.. thats the catch then. You are probably right. I had 2014 M3 GT with xenon/led and AFS button. Thats why I screwed up with a 2017 headlamp replacement..

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post here.

I have a Mazda 6 2017, VIN: JMZGL621691525145

I activated with Forscan and the help of this post the Automatic door close feature in R-BCM

I also put in the numbers in R-BCM for Find my car feature ( by double press on lock button) but it doesn't do anything

Setting: b6 in B0 set to 1 for 7B7-01-02, restarted CMU also, nothing

Has anyone else manage to activate this feature on for Mazda 6 2017 or any version?

Also, I tried some coding from here for FSC and IC to activate the HBC, I think I have Gen 2 FSC ( if someone can tell me how to verify what FSC gen I have) but it doesn't work. the coding for IC throuw me error, I will try today some more combinations and I will post here my FSC and IC original data, maybe some of you canhelp me find the correct combination for HBC to work. I have AFS with ALM ( auto leveling module)
Thank you

·
Registered
833 Posts
At my CX-5 2016 I successfully activated "Find My Car" with the bit you described, and I used it just yesterday.

I assume that the M6 2017 has FSC Gen.2 according to the pictures of it I found via Google.

FSC Gen.2 (LIDAR included, only one camera hole):

FSC Gen.1 with LIDAR separate:

Remember to do backups of module configurations and to use the "Write" instead of "Write-All" Button. And remember to change the checksum values in 720-04-01 when you changed something in a row higher than 720-04-01. Example:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

New info for me:).....I didn;t change anything i Checksum, actually, I didn;t knew what that persistent line in excel was for:))) thank you so much for info.

Your pictures are correct, that is my FSC, only one hole, slighly bigger then Gen 1. I will try you coding tonight.

Also, what does Write All does versus Write?

·
Registered
833 Posts
"Write all" should work, but last time I used it (some time ago), it did not work at all - it was a ForScan bug. "Write all" should write alle blocks - and "write" only writes the block it is graphically attached to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just realized now, the change for Find my car is in RBCM, it doesn't modify the IC Sheet in checksum, correct?

Maybe I pressed Write all instead of Write and I have the forscan bug also

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just realized now, the change for Find my car is in RBCM, it doesn't modify the IC Sheet in checksum, correct?
Correct, only changes in the IC sheet modify the checksum in the IC sheet. Changes in any other module (like RBCM) do not change the checksum of the IC sheet.

·
Registered
833 Posts
@freestyler + @AntonioXXII : I do not have ForScan in front of me/installed at this computer, so I can not check it. Perhaps in the IC sheet of ForScan there is only a "write all" button. But for some modules there is a "write" button additionally to the "Write All" button - 100% sure. Perhaps the write button is not visible directly and only if you scroll down to the last value of the module?

·
Registered
171 Posts
@AntonioXXII you will also have to unplug the afs module after you remove it's config from the asbuilt. Even when disabled, the afs module can cause the light on the dash to blink.

It's located in the driver footwell behind the kick panel above the fuse box.

·
Registered
55 Posts
@freestyler + @AntonioXXII : I do not have ForScan in front of me/installed at this computer, so I can not check it. Perhaps in the IC sheet of ForScan there is only a "write all" button. But for some modules there is a "write" button additionally to the "Write All" button - 100% sure. Perhaps the write button is not visible directly and only if you scroll down to the last value of the module?
Yes, only to the last value and few other on the top section.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yes there is the HW mod way, but I had to ask in case someone have come across with this setting before. There must be a configuration option in AS build for that.
Nordic countries have this configuration (tail lights always on) by law.
I just compared a CX-5 from norway with one nearly the same equipped CX-5 from Germany and mine (other equipment)... I have not found a bit in IC, FBCM or RBCM which could indicate that it`s used in norway for the tail lights always on... afterwards I remembered, that some time ago I asked another northern EU M6 2018 owner and he told me that the tail lights are not active when DRL is on ... so you have to do your own comparison and find fitting cars/VINs/AS Builts... unfortunately - I would have been happy to help.
Are you sure about the tail light on by law with DRL on? Might it be that the front headlamps have to be on by law - and with these come the active taillights? Just asking.

4661 - 4680 of 4812 Posts