2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

4441 - 4460 of 4889 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmm ok, I'm still comtemplating on the car so I was wondering if ASBuilt coding is possible as I'm looking to activate some features if I do get the M3... I wonder if Traffic Jam Assist requires any additional hardware to function or just needs the button and to be coded in?
That's nothing to do with AsBuilt, is part of your radio tuner and the specs in your country. TA gets transmitted over the air, and enable in your radio menu. If you see it at the bottom of the FM/HD/DAB menu you've got it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wanted to disable i-stop on my MY19 CX-5 AWD. Firing up forscan and reading the SSU resulted in the following:

Using SergSlim's excellent spread sheet, this results in:

As one can see, the i-stop bit appears to be in a different location to the spreadsheet.
Have I done anything wrong?
Does anyone have any comments on this ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've finally activated the auto door lock on my CX-9, thanks to you guys. I also tried activating the Find My Car bit, but it doesn't appear to work (two clicks on the Lock button). Here's my Hex after enabling auto lock and the horn:

Am I missing something? Do I need to enable something else elsewhere?

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's nothing to do with AsBuilt, is part of your radio tuner and the specs in your country. TA gets transmitted over the air, and enable in your radio menu. If you see it at the bottom of the FM/HD/DAB menu you've got it.
He is not talking about traffic announcements. Traffic Jam Assists controls the car for you in heavy traffic. Steering the wheel for you and following the car ahaed of you using accelerator and brake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
He is not talking about traffic announcements. Traffic Jam Assists controls the car for you in heavy traffic. Steering the wheel for you and following the car ahaed of you using accelerator and brake.
Thanks, didn't know was called that, is he referring to MRCC?, so do you know where can he find these settings in his M3 2019 AsBuilt?
My friend have MRCC in his 2019 and he hates it, he want to revert to regular CC but he's to afraid to hook up an ELM327.
If it's MRCC what OP wants at least in 2018 and earlier he needs to add a distance Radar have SCBS as prerequisite, replace steering switch, have Autohold for stop and go and modify code that apparentely no one in here have seen yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've finally activated the auto door lock on my CX-9, thanks to you guys. I also tried activating the Find My Car bit, but it doesn't appear to work (two clicks on the Lock button). Here's my Hex after enabling auto lock and the horn:

View attachment 273221

Am I missing something? Do I need to enable something else elsewhere?
That's all I did in my Cx5 and it worked with 2 fast clicks but I read somewhere some models worked by clicking Lock button more spaced apart, like 1 o 2 seconds. Try it, in meantime I look for that post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!
I've just got problem with AFS lamp :c
My Mazda CX-5 2017 got LED AFS lamp, but all time got dtc in afs module about swirell right module and on dashboard got HBC and light error indicator so i decided to switch it off.
I changed coding in IC:
My ori: 720-04-14- 03 30 00 01 28 9B
to 03 20 00 01 28 8B, but only message on screen were gone ( afs switch).
Dtc in IC about communication to front light system module (U0182) is still there.
Can anyone help?
I want to get "clear" dash and no dtc in IC.
Rest modules are free of DTCs.
Please help :O

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi,

you have the same config that I have.....but this means nothing as CX-3 maybe require other config.

Anyhow, let's see if we can find out what is happening.

First, do you see the radar module when you list the MS and HS can?, it should appear as SBS/MRCC module.

Second, If it appears does it show any DTC?

And third if it is shown and you get inside the module PIDs, you have one that shows the distance the radar is measuring to the objects behind you. You could check on that menu what the radar is measuring and if it is working properly (and thus only a config problem should be solved).

When you say it does not reduce the speed you mean that it behaves as an standard cruise control....I mean that it does not adjust the speed to the car behind you if it's driving slower tan you, it only keeps a constant traveling speed, isn't it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks, didn't know was called that, is he referring to MRCC?, so do you know where can he find these settings in his M3 2019 AsBuilt?
My friend have MRCC in his 2019 and he hates it, he want to revert to regular CC but he's to afraid to hook up an ELM327.
If it's MRCC what OP wants at least in 2018 and earlier he needs to add a distance Radar have SCBS as prerequisite, replace steering switch, have Autohold for stop and go and modify code that apparentely no one in here have seen yet.
I've somehow managed to modify MRCC to work between 1-200 km/h on my 2015 Mazda 3. You can activate the MRCC once you reach 2 km/h. As soon as you activate it, it sets to 30 km/h minimum and starts to accelerate to 30 km/h. While braking, it deaccelerate to 5 km/h using the brakes, below 5 km/h just coasts but still active. If the gap between your car and the car in front of you is so close, it starts yelling at you to BRAKE but does not deactive the MRCC.

Watch my test videos:

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's all I did in my Cx5 and it worked with 2 fast clicks but I read somewhere some models worked by clicking Lock button more spaced apart, like 1 o 2 seconds. Try it, in meantime I look for that post.
Thanks. I tried pausing but still not working.

What I have working so far is the auto door lock and speed limit alarm adjustment.

Disabling seat belt alarm (either or both) didn't work, neither did Find My Car. Also tried enabling ability to lock doors when Ignition ON (which I thought to be able to remote lock the car when it's running, but I might be wrong), and ability to lock doors when doors open, but neither worked.

Has anyone successfully enabled any of the features above on a CX-9 Signature 2019?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks. I tried pausing but still not working.

What I have working so far is the auto door lock and speed limit alarm adjustment.

Disabling seat belt alarm (either or both) didn't work, neither did Find My Car. Also tried enabling ability to lock doors when Ignition ON (which I thought to be able to remote lock the car when it's running, but I might be wrong), and ability to lock doors when doors open, but neither worked.

Has anyone successfully enabled any of the features above on a CX-9 Signature 2019?
In the case of my CX-5, Find My Car only works 3 seconds after locking because it has the deadlocking feature

So 1-3 seconds after locking, second press of lock button will enable deadlocking
4-5 seconds after locking, second press will sound the horn

Give it a try after waiting for 3 seconds

Ability to lock doors when ignition ON refers to the ability to lock all doors with the mechanical key via driver door handle

Ability to lock doors when door open refers to the ability to lock doors even though a door is still open via central locking switch or mechanical key with ignition ON

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the case of my CX-5, Find My Car only works 3 seconds after locking because it has the deadlocking feature

So 1-3 seconds after locking, second press of lock button will enable deadlocking
4-5 seconds after locking, second press will sound the horn

Give it a try after waiting for 3 seconds

Ability to lock doors when ignition ON refers to the ability to lock all doors with the mechanical key via driver door handle

Ability to lock doors when door open refers to the ability to lock doors even though a door is still open via central locking switch or mechanical key with ignition ON
Thank you very much. I will try it and report back. May I ask what the deadlocking feature is? Is it the same as walk away lock?
Also, is it possible at all to remote lock when ignition is on? I have heard some people in my area talking about someone who does it solely with programming (without EVO or such) but I wasn't able to verify that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you very much. I will try it and report back. May I ask what the deadlocking feature is? Is it the same as walk away lock?
Also, is it possible at all to remote lock when ignition is on? I have heard some people in my area talking about someone who does it solely with programming (without EVO or such) but I wasn't able to verify that.
Deadlocking prevents the doors from being able to be opened even though the doors are unlocked... my manual states to use this when someone breaks in to your car by smashing the window to lock them inside until the police arrives 😂

AFAIK only European cars are able to lock the doors with remote when the ignition is on

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've somehow managed to modify MRCC to work between 1-200 km/h on my 2015 Mazda 3. You can activate the MRCC once you reach 2 km/h. As soon as you activate it, it sets to 30 km/h minimum and starts to accelerate to 30 km/h. While braking, it deaccelerate to 5 km/h using the brakes, below 5 km/h just coasts but still active. If the gap between your car and the car in front of you is so close, it starts yelling at you to BRAKE but does not deactive the MRCC.

Watch my test videos:

I have a Mazda 6 2017 2.2 AT with factory MRCC (30-200 km/h). Could you please help activating the MRCC between 1-200 km/h. I have read all posts I could find about this tried with the following configuration:

This is my original asbuilt configuration (without checksum - to be pasted in A1 column from IC worksheet)
72004011E030080FF
7200402FFFFFFC100
72004034A4D5A474C
720040436C1013232
720040538303135C1
72004073100C10338
7200409C104000008
72004102C0000BF01
720041200BF022200
72004130000022BBF
72004150000BF0430
7200416C200440007
7200417BF0570B420
72004182845F0BF06
7200419B000001000
720042000BF071000
720042100330000BF
72004230000BF0951
7200425BF10200000
7200426200003BF11

and I have tried with the following changes

720-04-01-1E04-0080-FFCD

720-04-17-BF05-72B4-204C
720-04-18-600C-F0BF-0664

After the relearn for ABS and SBS/MRCC all DTCs disapeared except for one warning saying that MRCC is not active for speeds below 30km/h

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not referring to MRCC. Traffic Jam Assist is a new feature available in 2019 M3s in Japan. It allows for semi-autonomous driving like Volvo's Pilot Assist by providing active lane keeping aid and full-speed MRCC

You can see the TJA button in the middle beside the MRCC button on the right

In certain markets TJA is also known as Cruising & Traffic Support (CTS)

To disable headway control for MRCC to convert into regular CC, under settings, safety settings, driver assistance system, uncheck MRCC

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have checked all what you said they are on my car. Also , I can read the distance between my car and front car.

I mean my mrcc only can increase the speed when front car increase his speed, but if the front car suddenly decrease speed, and my mrcc only realse my accelerator.

If the car use emergency braking, I need to brake by myself.

My mrcc can not use the car system to brake.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Imo if you can active this feature you'll need additional hardware, at least for the steering wheel control.

I don't think Mazda put additional unused hardware on its car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have checked all what you said they are on my car. Also , I can read the distance between my car and front car.

I mean my mrcc only can increase the speed when front car increase his speed, but if the front car suddenly decrease speed, and my mrcc only realse my accelerator.

If the car use emergency braking, I need to brake by myself.

My mrcc can not use the car system to brake.
Could you please check your ABS unit reference and post it here?. Either ABS relearn procedure has not been accepted by the car or the unit is not MRCC compatible (what is strange because your car is equipped with SCBS).

Enviado desde mi Redmi 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could you please check your ABS unit reference and post it here?. Either ABS relearn procedure has not been accepted by the car or the unit is not MRCC compatible (what is strange because your car is equipped with SCBS).

I can not access to my abs unit to code,so is it the reason my car can not use this function?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can not access to my abs unit to code,so is it the reason my car can not use this function?

Many Thanks
AFAIK ABS unit can not be coded in Forscan, but you can check its reference under the device list that forscan gets when scanning the car.

4441 - 4460 of 4889 Posts