2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Which better?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which is better?
will flat-top be difficult to turn for sharp turn or u-turn?

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't see how the flat top one would be any different for doing a U-turn or sharp maneuvering vs the rounded top one. I'd pick the flat top just because it's less material to block your view of the road.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
I'd run B in my 2017. But manufacturers haven't caught up yet. Still waiting for a new grille for the '17s too :(

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
@bball what company are you working with/considering, please (link would be terrific). Thank you.

Most race cars do not even have a top part to their steering wheel, so if good enough for a pure race car, get what you personally would like best.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, i'm going to place order by today.
but still i'm not sure to pick flat top or round top.
very dilemma...

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
I'd like to get one but I don't think the switches would work with the 2017 since they're designed differently.

Just more of a waiting game :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd like to get one but I don't think the switches would work with the 2017 since they're designed differently.

Just more of a waiting game :p
they do have the model for 2017 already.
just need to inform them while placing order.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
@bball what company are you working with/considering, please (link would be terrific). Thank you.

Most race cars do not even have a top part to their steering wheel, so if good enough for a pure race car, get what you personally would like best.
On a race car you have full lock in less than one steering wheel rotation so no need for top or bottom. Not sure how a flat top wheel would feel when the wheel reverses from a quick sharp turn as I let the wheel slide back to neutral though my loose grip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On a race car you have full lock in less than one steering wheel rotation so no need for top or bottom. Not sure how a flat top wheel would feel when the wheel reverses from a quick sharp turn as I let the wheel slide back to neutral though my loose grip.
that is wat my concern on the flat top as well..
but anyway, i have already place order for option B. :wink2:
can't wait for the item arrive.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Please do a review of it and post more pics, I'm definitely interested in this but wanna see a review first hand. Can't justify spending $400 on a Corksport steering wheel but this seems to be a nice compromise

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got it yesterday from the courier..
will install it this weekend and share again the review.
at the moment, the steering wheel feels good.
thicker than original and it feels more solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please do a review of it and post more pics, I'm definitely interested in this but wanna see a review first hand. Can't justify spending $400 on a Corksport steering wheel but this seems to be a nice compromise
It's done over the weekend.
It fits perfectly well and the grip is better than original.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wonder how much of a hassle it would be to get one of those over here in the States
do you guys have any agent over there to help bring stuff from China?
if yes then it would be easier, if not you will need Alipay for the online purchasing.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
do you guys have any agent over there to help bring stuff from China?
if yes then it would be easier, if not you will need Alipay for the online purchasing.
I'd probably have to do the Alipay or something, probably gonna be one of those things I look into a bit later down the line. Thanks for the info on this though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts