2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here that is located in Orlando area of Florida?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m in Central Florida. I’m in the Hunters Creek area with a 2015 HB iSport. I’ve had it for about 6 months and have fallen in love with Mazda, I have fog lights on the way and am saving for the CarPlay upgrade.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m in Central Florida. I’m in the Hunters Creek area with a 2015 HB iSport. I’ve had it for about 6 months and have fallen in love with Mazda, I have fog lights on the way and am saving for the CarPlay upgrade.
My man! I'm located in the Four Corners region by 192. I have the 2016 Mazda 3, I already added Fogs, its SO EASY. I would recommend other upgrades first than the CarPlay or ask around see who does it the cheapest. I believe Sport Mazda on OBT does it cheap

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed the fog lights this morning, between the lights and the new turn signal with the switch it was maybe 20 minutes of work, so easy indeed! I had purchased a cheaper set of lights on eBay and I’m really not happy about the fit though, there is definitely a gap between the light itself and the plastic cover. Trying to decide if it’s worth uninstalling and returning to buy something nicer.

I bought a Navigation SD that has worked out well so I think I’ll hold off on the CarPlay (can’t justify $400 for something that I really don’t need). But Sport Mazda is my go-to, they’re maybe 5 minutes from our place and we always have great service. We just sold my wife’s 2013 3 to them last weekend.

Instead of the CarPlay I’m thinking of upgrading the lights, my headlights are a dull yellow and I’d love to get something brighter that looks nice. But I know just about nothing about auto lights so I’m not sure where to start, LED conversion seems expensive and daunting. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just installed the fog lights this morning, between the lights and the new turn signal with the switch it was maybe 20 minutes of work, so easy indeed! I had purchased a cheaper set of lights on eBay and I’m really not happy about the fit though, there is definitely a gap between the light itself and the plastic cover. Trying to decide if it’s worth uninstalling and returning to buy something nicer.

I bought a Navigation SD that has worked out well so I think I’ll hold off on the CarPlay (can’t justify $400 for something that I really don’t need). But Sport Mazda is my go-to, they’re maybe 5 minutes from our place and we always have great service. We just sold my wife’s 2013 3 to them last weekend.

Instead of the CarPlay I’m thinking of upgrading the lights, my headlights are a dull yellow and I’d love to get something brighter that looks nice. But I know just about nothing about auto lights so I’m not sure where to start, LED conversion seems expensive and daunting. Any recommendations?
check out your private messages, im linking you some stuff.

·
Super Moderator
5,457 Posts
Head lights are easy. Use the proper LED replacements with the correct adapters and its like night and day for under $200.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But Sport Mazda is my go-to, they’re maybe 5 minutes from our place and we always have great service. We just sold my wife’s 2013 3 to them last weekend.

i go there for my service and been there recently for my recall at sport mazda. i like it. even though i have the carplay upgrade i wouldnt pay 400usd for it. i got it for 100usd for a situation that they resolved via that method.

as of right now for my headlights i changed them to phillips ultra clear, they look white in colour, its a upgrade from the stock lights, i am though looking into getting HID's but good quality or LED, im just waiting to get more money since bills have priority.

i sent you a private message btw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts