2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of having my old wheels redone, and have decided to do some centercaps. The motegi logo has been popped out, and I"ve got a line on a guy who is willing to do some discs with the design of my choice on them. They'll be put on using 3m doublesided auto tape/whatever. The trouble is the design. I"ve got 3 ideas I'm tossing around. the 1936 logo, the 1962 logo, or the logo for KINOD (so cal based group) Since I'm not committed to anything yet, I'm also open to other ideas!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had considered the toilet seat logo... oops, the eternal flame logo:devil: too, but thought i'd go a little different. I also considered the current one too.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
I had considered the toilet seat logo... oops, the eternal flame logo:devil: too, but thought i'd go a little different. I also considered the current one too.
Haha you know it too! :cool 1:

·
Registered
247 Posts

I vote this one, but could be because I am a rotary nerd and miss my rx8 lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just not the type of nerd that can spell. :smartass:

omg! i am working and must have been thinking about a tire rotate

you gave me a good laugh, thank you for being nice about it lol :cheesy: i fixed it btw

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts

I vote this one, but could be because I am a rotary nerd and miss my rx8 lol
Hey just curious how was the RX-8 in terms of reliability? Did you have to add motor oil every gas fill up? How was the MPGs? I never got to drive one but my brother's friend had one and when he would go WOT/rev the car it felt amazingly silky...stratospheric in the sense it felt like he could be revved into space. Great car from what I gathered riding in it...to bad it got stolen. :(

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Hey just curious how was the RX-8 in terms of reliability? Did you have to add motor oil every gas fill up? How was the MPGs? I never got to drive one but my brother's friend had one and when he would go WOT/rev the car it felt amazingly silky...stratospheric in the sense it felt like he could be revved into space. Great car from what I gathered riding in it...to bad it got stolen. :(
I've owned a 2006 since 2008, and it has been reliable for me. I don't drive it every day, but I do take it out at least once a week, and a couple of times a year on long road trips. I do have to add a little oil every other fill up or so, but it's expected with the rotary. Mine gets in the teens in town driving, but on my road trips I can get 27MPG or so out of it. I got it from a lady who was selling it for a good price down the road from where I work, so I couldn't pass it up.

+1 for the '60's logo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems to be a consensus. That round logo does lend itself to center cap design. There are chapperal wheels for the miata with that centercap design, though it is printed on, this will be a raised design. Thanks folks!

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
I've owned a 2006 since 2008, and it has been reliable for me. I don't drive it every day, but I do take it out at least once a week, and a couple of times a year on long road trips. I do have to add a little oil every other fill up or so, but it's expected with the rotary. Mine gets in the teens in town driving, but on my road trips I can get 27MPG or so out of it. I got it from a lady who was selling it for a good price down the road from where I work, so I couldn't pass it up.

+1 for the '60's logo.
Thanks for the input.
Another question, if you start up the car (cold start) to say just move into a different space and then shut off the car before it gets to operating temp, will it flood the engine?

My cousin is looking to pick up a RX8 and just wanna steer her right since she comes to with all her car inquiries.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Seems to be a consensus. That round logo does lend itself to center cap design. There are chapperal wheels for the miata with that centercap design, though it is printed on, this will be a raised design. Thanks folks!
Should look good, post pictures!

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Thanks for the input.
Another question, if you start up the car (cold start) to say just move into a different space and then shut off the car before it gets to operating temp, will it flood the engine?

My cousin is looking to pick up a RX8 and just wanna steer her right since she comes to with all her car inquiries.
Yes, you do need to let it run just a bit to warm up if it's cold. It only took me one time to forget, and I flooded it. The procedure to restart the car if you flood it, is to push the accelerator all the way to the floor when you start it, and give it several starts. It's a little scary, because it takes a while to clear it out.

It doesn't have to run terribly long to get it warm enough not to flood. If I back mine out for washing, I let it run for a couple of minutes before I shut it off.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Yes, you do need to let it run just a bit to warm up if it's cold. It only took me one time to forget, and I flooded it. The procedure to restart the car if you flood it, is to push the accelerator all the way to the floor when you start it, and give it several starts. It's a little scary, because it takes a while to clear it out.

It doesn't have to run terribly long to get it warm enough not to flood. If I back mine out for washing, I let it run for a couple of minutes before I shut it off.
Thank you for the information. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts