2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried wrapping their piano black center console with carbon fiber or some other type of film? If so, can you post a few photos and where you sourced your materials? The only thing I could find on this subject was this:

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did mine in brushed black vinyl wrap. Found an appropriate side piece on eBay for about $13. Pretty easy wrap job. First time I've ever wrapped anything. Let me know if you need help

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am going through CARiD.com. Rather than having to remove the console, it looks like they just press into place on top of the piano black areas.

I have the Soul Crystal Metallic Red exterior with black leather interior (GT Sedan). Planning on custom ordering the overlay in the Soul Crystal Metallic (they colour match to the paint code).

Only hiccup so far is that they had the 2018 model as their template. Waiting for them to update to the correct template before ordering.

Hope this helps? Will save from having to remove the centre console to do the wrapping.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did mine in brushed black vinyl wrap. Found an appropriate side piece on eBay for about $13. Pretty easy wrap job. First time I've ever wrapped anything. Let me know if you need help
Sweet. Can you post the eBay link?

·
It's never finished
34 Posts
Any good tips on removal? I didn't realize the whole center panel has to come off, buttons and all.... yikes. Door panels too... those trim pieces typically are held by clips, but knowing where to pry is key in not breaking them. Great job btw, love your material choice too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts