2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my 2015 Mazda3 GT a couple of weeks ago, and I'm loving it except for one small thing. I'm use to the power adapter(s) in a car being ACC switched. Since I have the navigation option, the car only has one power adapter in the center console that is always on. For peace of mind, I want to convert it to ACC switched so that I don't have to fear a dead battery if the car sits for a couple of days with something plugged in.

Reading through the manual suggest that models with the basic radio have multiple power adapters in the center console some of which are ACC switched. This leads me to believe that it would be as simple as relocating some of the pins on the wiring harness leading to the power adaptor (should the main harness still be wired for the additional adaptors). Otherwise, swapping the the lead in the fuse box to an unused ACC switched port should do the trick.

Before I started ripping the car apart, I wanted to see if anybody else has done something similar and could share how they went about it. Can anybody weigh in?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts