2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Puerto Rico! I'll do my best with my english!

This is my first post, and my first Mazda (2015 3 iGT Automatic).

I have an issue with the armrest, as it seems that the hinge broke or something. I have googled it and it seems that it uses a metal pin to keep it in place, and that this pin getting out of place is a common problem (for what I have read on Google). The pin is supposed to attach to the hinge and pass through both holes to keep it in place. (See pictures).

Does this pin really exist, or did I just broke the hinge? If the pin exists, has someone bought one? What part do I need to buy so that I can get a new pin? Anything? Anyone?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Haha, was just thinking, "man, there's a lot of loose console lids today". Then as I went back to grab the link, I saw that it was you who posted in the How-To thread for the fix.

Glad you got it figured out. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry to necropost but I'm having this same problem now. The link in post #3 no longer works, @powertoolpr , can you post the How to link that's referenced in post #2?

Thank you so much guys.

·
Registered
692 Posts
From another post:

You can fix a wobbly center console lid without removing the console by sitting in the back seat, carefully prying off the back of the console box, tap the pins back in and it's fixed. The pins commonly back out. Perhaps using pieces of tape to keep them in place would prevent a recurrence.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did this today. It was quite simple. A flathead screwdriver was all I needed to pop off the rear. Somehow the 2 pins had worked themselves all the way out and the console lid was just flopping around.

The pins had a decent amount of resistance to being pushed back in, so I wonder how they came out so easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts