2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
now that it's 2018, does anyone have a more updated recommendation for a fixed mount cell phone, so that we may legally look/touch it like at stops?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just ordered these magnets after seeing this thread. I like the idea and the simplicity, will let you know how I like it.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G0X56YU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Was skeptical at first due to the magnet, but I don't think it will cause any damage through a case and the steel plate that sits in between my phone and the case.

·
Registered
172 Posts
ok, let me/us know how that one is

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Got it today. Already love it. Comes with 2 magnets (for 2 cars) to place on your air vents and 8 different plates to use. I put one plate in between my case and the phone itself so it isn't visible and the magnet is the perfect strength to go through.
Careful w/ vent mounts...they weaken blade hinges & can ruin the blades themselves.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This:

iOttie Easy One Touch Wireless Qi Standard Car Mount Charger for for iPhone X, 8/8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8, S7/S7 Edge, Note 8 5 & Qi Enabled Devices

Highly recommended!

Edit: pics attached, the suction cup sticks super well to the console. I’ve used it for almost a year and it still stays there, never going to fall.
Sorry for no close up shots, these were taken weeks ago after I detailed my car.

Sent from my Washing Machine using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a magnet-type that clips on the air vent from Brookstone... would not recommend it. Because there isn't a locating feature between the magnetic pad-to-phone, the phone likes to rotate during mild turns. My phone has rarely dropped from its mount, though.

·
Banned
167 Posts
Brodit; expensive but the best. I've tried vent mounts, suckers, stick-ons and they all have problems.

The German Brodit range has a 'clip' that fits to the car model; every car has its own version. And you select a mount for the phone model. Every phone has its own version mount.

Mounts are either passive; you connect the USB yourself, or they are 'active' - with Charger and USB cable fitted so the phone connects when slotted in the holder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used this same one but it's up to the left of the screen.

This:

Highly recommended!

Edit: pics attached, the suction cup sticks super well to the console. I’ve used it for almost a year and it still stays there, never going to fall.
Sorry for no close up shots, these were taken weeks ago after I detailed my car.

Sent from my Washing Machine using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.