2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have 2010 3 S and my Car charger for my cell phone is stuck in the dashboard outlet...is there any way to remove the outlet to make it possible to remove stuck charger?

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
pull the negative battery terminal and let it sit....then get a set of needle hose or whatever you need to pull that fucker out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried twisting, turning, pulling, pushing....nada

I was hoping someone knew how to dissasemble that part.

If not I will just get a pair of pliers and try to yank it out....

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wish I could see your sig at work...I think I know what it says though!

I seem to remember, what, 5+ pages of a thread on this very topic?

·
Registered
987 Posts
:clap:

·
Registered
2 Posts
This just happened to me! I took it to the dealership and the guy told me this is an issue with alot of cars. Took them 30 min to take the charger out. I got the charger back and they replaced the outlet but he suggested that I don't use the front outlet..kinda lame..

·
Registered
141 Posts
My salesman warned me about this...said its a problem with Verizon phones....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like the charger may be expanding due to the heat from charging. Try pulling it out 1st thing in the morning after the ignition and electrics have been turned off all night. If it's wired on 24/7 then pull the fuse to it.

·
Rocket Scientist
36 Posts
A friend of mine rented a Mazda 5 & had to return it with her cell charger stuck in it. Hertz paid her for it because they couldn't get it out either.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That actually happened to me but it was in my fusion. I had to wait until it cooled down at night then pulled with all my might to get it out!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was going to look for the old thread on this today. My charger has been stuck for 6 months. It's a verizon charger. I finally called the dealership to bring it in. They said it is covered under warranty. I have an appointment Monday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have this same problem and thought I was the only one! Mine is Verizon too. I'm taking it to the dealer this week to see if they can get it out. It won't twist, pull or push. Happen about a week ago.:crybaby 1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this happen to me within the first 3 days of owning my car. Certain Verizon brand chargers seem to get stuck in the outlet. It hasn't happened since, but I did have to go back to the dealership and have them take care of it. If your car is still under warranty just take it back and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealership had this problem fixed in under 5 minutes. I sat in the car while the service manager fixed it for me.

You need some muscle but you actually have to yank the whole outlet out. Don't loose the blue clip! You can then disconnect the wires so that you can get a better grip on the whole thing. You need to twist and pull to get the charger out. This also may require a little extra muscle as mine was really stuck in there.

A Verizon charger will not get stuck in the outlet in the arm rest. Hope this helps!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts