2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last June the CEL came on in my 2014 (Japan) with P2183 and P011A codes (original post can be seen here). Codes were cleared and the CEL didn't come back on until this July (just a bit more than 1 year later)...cleared the codes again, but the CEL with the same codes came back. Replaced the ECT2 sensor located on the radiator (bottom, driver side), cleared the codes and all is well. The original sensor was a Denso 179700-0220 and it measured 165 ohms at room temp. (should be ~2000 ohms); replacement was an Intermotor TX40.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you for the report! I've been running with the same codes for months now, so I figure it's time to fix it. Did you need to drain any/all coolant before swapping the ECT?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't drain the coolant, just removed the radiator cap and quickly swapped the sensors. Some coolant did leak out during the swap, but it was minimal (few ounces).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last June the CEL came on in my 2014 (Japan) with P2183 and P011A codes (original post can be seen here). Codes were cleared and the CEL didn't come back on until this July (just a bit more than 1 year later)...cleared the codes again, but the CEL with the same codes came back. Replaced the ECT2 sensor located on the radiator (bottom, driver side), cleared the codes and all is well. The original sensor was a Denso 179700-0220 and it measured 165 ohms at room temp. (should be ~2000 ohms); replacement was an Intermotor TX40.
how did you get at the [email protected] sensor to change it out?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ECT2 sensor is accessed from the bottom; the shield is removed and sensor is on the bottom of the radiator, driver side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts