Registered
153 Posts
I tried the procedure on my CD player which is at version A-000030

Followed the TSB and created a data CD-ROM:

CD-ROM.png

With the single update file at the root:

Code:
D:\>dir
 Le volume dans le lecteur D n'a pas de nom.
 Le numéro de série du volume est 98D5-C790

Répertoire de D:\

2015-07-21  15:10         1*408*760 Mazda_CD_Player.ufw
               1 fichier(s)        1*408*760 octets
               0 Rép(s)               0 octets libres
I inserted the CD, waited 3 minutes, but nothing happened. The infotainment displayed "file 1 of 1" but didn't start the firmware update.

There is a note on item #3 of the TSB that I don't understand "When burning the update to a CD, make sure it is burned as a Master file and NOT a Live file" ...possibly my problem, anyone knows how to do this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just did the update, now have A-000036 (not 32 that the TSB mentions) There must be a more recent TSB to go with the newer update file but the process is the same so doesn't really mater but would be nice to know what other issues this version is supposed to fix. Before the update I had A-000030.

Now if only CD's would display proper track names (not that I use CDs much, most of my music is on a 16GB USB stick)

·
Registered
153 Posts
master file is a finalized or closed file.
Thanks @riparke. That did it. After I "finalized" the session (A check box in Nero) the update kicked in.

(I had to create other larger sessions beforehand and end it with a session containing only the update file for the "finalize" to work ...perhaps the single update file is too small for a CD-ROM to be finalized properly?)

Mazda_CD_Player.ufw finalized.png

Code:
D:\>dir
 Le volume dans le lecteur D n’a pas de nom.
 Le numéro de série du volume est BBD0-69C0

Répertoire de D:\

2015-07-21  15:10         1*408*760 Mazda_CD_Player.ufw
               1 fichier(s)        1*408*760 octets
               0 Rép(s)               0 octets libres
And right, @JimInRussell now I am on version A-000036 too:

A-000036.JPG

The track/artist/album shows fine when the music CD disc contains CD-Text. Otherwise nothing shows up, as apparently the Gracenote database is not queried for Audio CDs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts