2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this quick question in the "quick question" thread but now I've got a conflict, so I'm bringing it out here to if I can resolve the conflict and not waste a day at the dealer.

My original question was should the CD pause when answering a call via hands-free and then resume once the call is ended? haku says it should pause. Just before that reply, I was on the phone with Mazda customer service who said the same, that it should pause, but she didn't sound too sure, so I emailed Mazda customer service and this is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting us in regards to your HandsFree system. If a call is received or made while listening to a CD, the CD will simply mute and will not be stopped or paused. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely, Mazda HandsFree Customer Service"

I have the 4-door 3 s GT. Can someone try theirs and let me know who is right? Thanks!

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I would've said pause.....but now that I think about it, I'm not really sure...I haven't paid enough attention to see if it paused or muted. I'll try it out on my way home.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My car pauses the CD just as ChriseJuede described too.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
I tried this yesterday, and my cd definitely did not pause. I played a cd, pushed my bluetooth on and went into my phonebook before exiting, and my cd was still running when I shut bluetooth off. Is there a fix for this that anyone knows about?

·
Registered
140 Posts
you said you tried pushing the bluetooth button and going into your phone book, and that the CD never paused. What about when a incoming call is answered? it might be different.

·
353 Posts
nope, same thing. I was on the phone with my girlfriend for a few minutes, and when I came back my cd had gone through 3 tracks. very annoying, since it was my brand new 311 CD....

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
yeah, mine pauses be it cd or bt audio.

only thing i can think of is the bose stereo (which mine is not, btw), but i have a feeling that's not it.

·
1,272 Posts
That actually could be it. Pepper and I both have bose, you don't, and I'm pretty sure Chris does not.

Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

EDIT: Not so much because of BOSE itself, but because the actual CD player is different. If you have the BOSE package, it comes with a 6 disc CD changer which could very well be the problem.

·
353 Posts
If that is what's going on, I may actually be pissed. It will make me want to rip out my Bose even more... all this for a damn sunroof!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, I've got the Bose system too. It must be something to do with the CD changer. BTW, Mazda didn't ask me anything about which system I had, either time, on email or on the phone...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bose system. No pause. Doesn't matter if it is a straight music CD or an MP3 CD.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
I have OEM Mazda radio in my 3 S and it pauses the CD for the duration of the call - both outbound and inbound.

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
bose = junk..:argh 1:

·
353 Posts
Well, I am extremely irritated with my bose now, for the extra money I have paid for it, I have gotten music that doesn't pause, static and feedback from AUX and CD ports, and a crappy sound. Time to go spend another $1000.00 on a new system... FML!

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
BOSE system here, I haven't played any CD's as I listen to everything from my "AUX" input. That really sucks that it doesn't pause the track, sounds like a problem Mazda should be addressing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts