2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me I'm just being dumb cuz I cannot for the life of me get my in-dash CD changer to shuffle between CD's. It plays random songs on the same CD, but not songs between CD's, despite my following the manual's instructions (see attached image of page 6-53). Is anyone else having this problem?

Even if I quickly press the RDM button, way within the 3-second rule the manual describes, all it does it turn off the RDM function quickly; it does not display "DISC RDM" as the manual describes. What gives?!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am an idiot, I do believe

:stupid:

Okay - after a closer reading of the manual - sorry for the quick post but I was getting really frustrated! - it seems I'm looking at the instructions for "MP3/WMA CD Playback" and that the in-dash changer is actually not able to shuffle between music CD's!

Is that correct? Thanks.

On a side note, these forums rock. A real salve for those who are anal about their cars ... like me!

·
Registered
655 Posts
no real idea. if you have an mp3 player you could just plug it into the aux jack and rock on!!

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I don't think it shuffles between CD's. I've never seen one that did. Can you imagine how annoying that would get? Listen to a song, wait 10-15 seconds while it changes CD's, listen to the next song. Even if it could do that, I wouldn't.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think it shuffles between CD's. I've never seen one that did. Can you imagine how annoying that would get? Listen to a song, wait 10-15 seconds while it changes CD's, listen to the next song. Even if it could do that, I wouldn't.

:signs064:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll be upset if it doesn't. On vacations in my current Mazda 323, my wife and I choose 5 CDs each, put them in the multichanger and play them on random. My current system can shuffle between tracks on one CD or between tracks on ALL CDs. The wait isn't too long.

I get my new Mazda 3 in 2 weeks. If I have around 10CDs in mp3 format per CDRW (and the full allowance of 6 of these in the head unit), am I safe to say that it will shuffle between ALL available tracks in the unit or only all tracks on one CDRW? Judging from what's said above, it sounds like I may be in luck with mp3s (but it definitely won't work with regular CDs).

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll be upset if it doesn't. On vacations in my current Mazda 323, my wife and I choose 5 CDs each, put them in the multichanger and play them on random. My current system can shuffle between tracks on one CD or between tracks on ALL CDs. The wait isn't too long.

I get my new Mazda 3 in 2 weeks. If I have around 10CDs in mp3 format per CDRW (and the full allowance of 6 of these in the head unit), am I safe to say that it will shuffle between ALL available tracks in the unit or only all tracks on one CDRW? Judging from what's said above, it sounds like I may be in luck with mp3s (but it definitely won't work with regular CDs).

Thanks

It DOES NOT support shuffle BETWEEN CDs. There are only two options for random settings.
1. Folder Radom --> Songs within the same folder (obviously on a single CD ) are shuffled and played randomly.
2. Disc Random --> Songs within a SINGLE CD (be it Audio or MP3) will be shuffled independent of the folder. To hear the songs from a different cd you will have to change the CD manually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts