2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Mazda from the dealership a few days ago, and noticed this morning that after a 9 hour drive from Cape Cod to PA that one of the clips is showing on my passenger's side skirt. It was raining fairly hard and I did hit a tough pot hole towards the end of my trip so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. But is this cause for concern? The skirts were a dealer upgrade installed on the car after my test drive. My fear is that rust may form inside there in the winter. Is this something to worry about, or can I use a rubber mallet to try to tap the skirt closer to the frame (I've tried pushing but nothing happens)?

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I picked up my Mazda from the dealership a few days ago, and noticed this morning that after a 9 hour drive from Cape Cod to PA that one of the clips is showing on my passenger's side skirt. It was raining fairly hard and I did hit a tough pot hole towards the end of my trip so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. But is this cause for concern? The skirts were a dealer upgrade installed on the car after my test drive. My fear is that rust may form inside there in the winter. Is this something to worry about, or can I use a rubber mallet to try to tap the skirt closer to the frame (I've tried pushing but nothing happens)?
I had my skirts installed at the dealer when I bought the car and they too did a crap job in my opinion. I had 2 or 3 clips showing and the skirt was clearly not flush to the car. I tried pushing on the skirt in that area and was able to pop one in. I was pissed I couldn't pop the other ones in so I took it back to the dealer and had them repair. They just installed larger clips and all was good when i got it back. There is still one clip that I can see closer to the rear of the car but I can't pop it in. I am done taking it back and am just living with one skirt not being fully flush to the car- it's not too visible. Lesson learned- I will never have a dealership install any body accessories that require drilling. Going forward I will be buying cars with these things installed at the factory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts