2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a decent cheap knock off or no name catback exhaust that is dual for a 2015 mazda 3. Im not trying to drop $500-$700 on the borla or magna flow ones i see. Can I do an srs one or something else that would fit? I guess I could just go to a muffler shop and have them weld something on also, what kind of muffler would be good that has one in and two out for a dual if i were to do a resonator delete and replace with pipe from the catback and get a new muffler.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
You could do what several of us have already done, replace the muffler with a vibrant resonator or 2 if keeping dual, and have an exhaust shop fab up some very simple piping and throw on a tip, or 2 if you insist on keeping it dual, I went single this way, no regrets. BTW, don't touch anything in front of the rear axle without some serious research on the forum here, you will likely lose power if you do so.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
56 Posts
Any recommendations for a decent cheap knock off or no name catback exhaust that is dual for a 2015 mazda 3. Im not trying to drop $500-$700 on the borla or magna flow ones i see. Can I do an srs one or something else that would fit? I guess I could just go to a muffler shop and have them weld something on also, what kind of muffler would be good that has one in and two out for a dual if i were to do a resonator delete and replace with pipe from the catback and get a new muffler.
On
I saw a cat back exhaust on Ebay for $175 by Speed Daddy for a 04-07 RX8 that looks exactly like the Borla and Magnaflow for my Mazda 3, and a muffler shop told they could make fit my 2016 Mazda 3 hatchback with a slight Modification and install it for $100 or less

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
The 2nd cat should not be removed, unless you add a high flow resonator in it's place. You'll lose power and torque, if you do.

The high flow resonator is a little tricky though, as it can lead to super annoying cabin drone.

An axle-back works well and can get you a little added power too, if it's designed properly.

They are also more affordable.
CK

·
Registered
178 Posts
Borla axelback all the way. Got mine two weeks ago love it. Make the car sound so great. The throttle feels better too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts