2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Yesterday I've updated my os to 70. somthing because in my recent reserches I've found that I had to change the USB port to have Carplay??

It's the only way? that means that I have do dismount almost all the car interior o_O

Isn't there an app that I can install on the radio to make Carplay work?

Here everybody talks mostly on Android Auto and issues about it...

Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
306 Posts
There is an unofficial mod to get Android Auto to work without the USB HUB, however, for CarPlay, your only choice is to get the upgrade kit, it's not that hard to mount, there are a ton of tutorial DIY videos all over youtube, all you need is 2 hours and patience

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

if you have upgraded to F70, you will not be able to use unofficial Android Auto unless you install ID7 tweak via serial connection. I am also with F70 00 100 and I tried unofficial AA ( AA V1.14 Tru_go (Fw55-59) *Fw70 supported! with sound/touch.) but I never managed to have sound. So I returned to the official version that I also installed
Hello manuisa69 so I need to downgrade?
If I do so I will be able to run Apple Carplay you think?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an unofficial mod to get Android Auto to work without the USB HUB, however, for CarPlay, your only choice is to get the upgrade kit, it's not that hard to mount, there are a ton of tutorial DIY videos all over youtube, all you need is 2 hours and patience
Hello,
Yes I'.ve already did a little research and Mazda as this USB port kit to change but it takes some work to remove all the car trim and I've never done anything like that before.
That's why I'm searching for a software alternative...
If not possible will have to install that kit...:oops:o_O:eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello manuisa69 so I need to downgrade?
If I do so I will be able to run Apple Carplay you think?
Thanks

Hello, by installing the F70 software, you have lost the possibility of installing tweaks, even downdrgading to F59 version, you will not recover this possibility, the only way is the serial connection explained here: Serial Connection
if you do not have the knowledge do not do , the risk of breaking your CMU is significant.

however, to use CarPlay, only the official version allows it, since the Appel system is not open source and requires specific authentication. tweaks only allow to use Android Auto (Android system)
your only possibility to have car play is to install the official kit.
sorry for you.:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, by installing the F70 software, you have lost the possibility of installing tweaks, even downdrgading to F59 version, you will not recover this possibility, the only way is the serial connection explained here: Serial Connection
if you do not have the knowledge do not do , the risk of breaking your CMU is significant.

however, to use CarPlay, only the official version allows it, since the Appel system is not open source and requires specific authentication. tweaks only allow to use Android Auto (Android system)
your only possibility to have car play is to install the official kit.
sorry for you.:confused:
Well if I don’t have another option, got to do it. We’ll see how that goes.
Thank you very much for your help ;)
Cheers

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thank you so much!! I will take a lok at them as soon as I get the hardware.
Have a nice day :)
Don't be afraid, is really not that difficult, make sure you have the correct tools. Depending on where you are, odds are you are home during quarantine lock down so time is really aplenty

if we could do it, so can you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just did it yesterday :)

Unfortunatly the right side part that you out your knee against was damagded durin the assembly...

But overall everything went better than expected and with CarPlay the car looks more cool :)

Awesome :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well in my car (cx-3 2016) at least on Carplay (maybe with AndroidAuto is different) it works normal. No bugs, I had before a 2017 skoda superb with factory Carplay and it works exactly the same, maybe the colors in skoda were more vibrant but for me its the only difference I see... And it connects faster to Carplay than skoda did. Everything works flaweless. I'm very happy with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts