2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2014 M3 with CP installed by dealer since 2018. First fw installed by dealer was 70.00.021 EU (something like that) and since day one I had some troubles with CP: sometimes, for unknown reasons, audio stops playing after 1 minute or so, and doesn't start again even if pressing play. If you pause the song with the controller (since it continues playing totally muted) after 30 seconds the whole mzd connect reboots, and when it's booted up it says "carplay is not available". After 2 or 3 days with this random behavior it started working in expected manner. Months later I updated myself with .100EU and I had the same strange behavior for 2-3 days, and then it worked ok. Last week I updated to .352EU (mzd connect said installation went fine) but now the strange behavior doesn't stop, carplay is unusable at all. Let's say in 10 car trips I had 2 working-as-expected and 8 bugged behaviors, now it's no more random but it's always bugged. If you try to switch to FM or USB playing before system reboots itself, audio doesn't work in any case, making me thinking of a mzd connect problem and not iphone related. FYI I use iphone xs max with latest ios updates.
Does anyone experienced something similar? May this be a carplay hardware related issue, since I experienced from the beginning something strange (but I didn't tell the dealer since it went ok after few days, my bad)? I don't know what to do, tried resetting mzd connect many times but no luck.
Thank you
Alessandro

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello, I think there may be a connection problem, maybe when installing the new hub a connector was not correctly inserted either in the hub or in the CMU. check that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts