2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anybody know if US supplied (ie. ebay) CarPlay kit will work with European car (2016 Mazda CX-5 in my case)? I've the software updated to required version and I'm wondering if there's any software/region lock that would prevent US carplay kit with EU car...?

Also - another question - will new CarPlay version work with some AIO tweaks (Touchscreen, No More Disclaimer, Main Menu Loop, Shorter Delay, Change Order of the Audio Source List, Remove Message Replies, 1 Sec Diag Menu and possibly Date In Status Bar Mod)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hi,

Does anybody know if US supplied (ie. ebay) CarPlay kit will work with European car (2016 Mazda CX-5 in my case)? I've the software updated to required version and I'm wondering if there's any software/region lock that would prevent US carplay kit with EU car...?
Answer is given in 1st post of this thread.

Also - another question - will new CarPlay version work with some AIO tweaks (Touchscreen, No More Disclaimer, Main Menu Loop, Shorter Delay, Change Order of the Audio Source List, Remove Message Replies, 1 Sec Diag Menu and possibly Date In Status Bar Mod)?
Thanks!
If you mean with "new CarPlay version" the MZD Firmware: Most AIO tweaks will work at the moment up to FW 70.00.100 - as stated in AIO under "help - conpatibility check" (e.g. touch while moving works for CarPlay but not for Android Auto). But FW 70.00.335 ist the latest (also CarPlay-) FW for North America - and with this one AIO is not working at the moment - for more info read other threads in this forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts