2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
I wonder if the official Israeli Mazda provider will offer this, since here they have an agreement with a local company which installs Waze and Android (not Android Auto) on all new cars.

Basically allowing this here will hurt their business, big conflict of interests, if my dealership does not provide this an an upgrade I will wait for the warranty to be over and I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What is with the English in that document? Surely an official Mazda document would not have such poor English. Could this just be a joke?

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's currently in prototype testing, dealer called Mazda who confirmed it's real. Hence why there is still a delay.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hoping one of these kits ends up on ebay in the future so you boys can tinker with it. I would love to install this myself so I can bypass any (inevitable) installation fees.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was his week on my dealer and the sales guy confirmed that Mazda was planning on rolling it in Spain this Summer but it got postponed until the end of the year.

He also said that some cars will be able to get upgraded just through firmware update, but others will have to buy a new module with an estimated price of 200€

·
Registered
93 Posts
I went to a Mazda dealer yesterday in Canada and ask the question to the sales man. It's in testing phase, and he knew about the module. He also knew about AIO, how to install with serial access, so he's more credible than some salesman.

He think the price will be around 250$ CDN. Take this with a grain of salt, but this could refer as around 200$ USD. Maybe add to this installation price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know of a few cars for Mazda employees that already have the preproduction units installed. The dealer has been notified of availability around September with an estimate of the cost around €200. The PNs cannot yet be ordered, but the AUX unit of the April 2018 Mazda 6 shows up in the EPC, so that might be a work-around, if you source your own cable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hoping one of these kits ends up on ebay in the future so you boys can tinker with it. I would love to install this myself so I can bypass any (inevitable) installation fees.
Even if they can be ordered officially I'll be happy. If Mazda Australia don't make it available (their social media seem completely clueless about its existence so its not that crazy) I just want to be able to order and install myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to see any news on this front, even if it's leaked and unofficial. Car companies just have no idea how rabid tech people are for progress on things like this. Gimme my Android Auto already!

1 - 20 of 304 Posts