2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Which MZD Firmware version is required for this adapter? If FW 70 is required, which I assume, is the new usb hub + cables also required? (might be installed at newer cars from factory). In the video above the new usb hub is installed (white icon at top usb slot). So probably Mazdas original AA/CP has to be installed already to use this adapter, right?

Edit:
I should have read properly & now can answer my own question. The vendor states: "Convert your factory CarPlay to wireless and skip plugging in your phone when you get in!" ... so the pre-requisite for the adapter is an original AA/CP from Mazda - with the white marked top USB slot at the usb hub.
I assume the factory AA/CP parts are required for this to work, however would be curious if this tool can work without the hardware.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Carplay2Air - if you need to update the FW, you need usb dongle.
Carlinkit 2.0 - if you need to update the FW, you simply use Safari.
I was able to update the fw via Safari by accessing to the given IP address: 192.168.50.2

·
Registered
827 Posts
In the list of the vendor is stated "Mazda 2018-2020" - so I assume it works, but if you want to know it for sure, just ask the vendor. The offer on his website: "If you don’t see your car in this list, email us your make and year so we can contact you when we start supporting it."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!
I have a Mazda 3 BM G120 (2014) with factory AA / ACP modul and 70.00.335C EU fw. Will this adapter work in this car? Have you ever tried in BM / BN series?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi!
I have a Mazda 3 BM G120 (2014) with factory AA / ACP modul and 70.00.335C EU fw. Will this adapter work in this car? Have you ever tried in BM / BN series?
As long as you have factory installed AA / ACP it should work, however I would recommend contacting the vendor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As highlighted within this video:
the dongle has some issues, namely frequent connection failure and the audio lag.
I've already contacted to the vendor. Fix was promised, however no updates available yet.
I'm suspecting the dev work is done in China and unfortunately they have a bigger issue now than fixing code..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts