2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got an email confirmation from the company that Mazda’s are now supported.
I’m planning to purchase the product, however wondering if anyone has any experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first post. :)

I saw your post and visited their website, asked the same question there and they confirmed that Mazda with wired carplay is now supported.
I placed my order just now however i am located in Hong Kong therefore you might need to wait for 1 to 2 weeks for my confirmation.

Will keep you update.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I’ve placed my order too. Based on the tracking information the package has been dispatched from China. So you might going to have it sooner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine is not arriving yet.

After nearly a month of waiting, there is no sign of arrival, my comment is hidden probably because I am giving 1 Star. There is no one helping me after 1 reply of email. (Saying shipper is checking and no follow up afterwards.) No refund is allowed except the product is received, but there is no product is received. Tracking number is a joke as there is no updates after Dec 20, 2019 and it was going from one city to another, and returned to the original city according to the tracking info. USD159.9 is gone. Thanks Carplay2Air.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello, did you get it?
Sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday. Yes, I got the unit. Installed today and it’s working fine. One note here: all existing Bluetooth connection to the car’s system needs to be deleted on the phone and within the infotainment system prior installation. Otherwise it won’t initialise.

Completed the software update on the wireless unit too.

It takes around 20-30 sec to initialise from cold start.
Response over wireless is smooth, haven’t experienced any lag so far.
Hooked up 2 Apple phones (7&11) and both working fine.
The unit will connect to the last one always. During boot, it will offer the option to select existing or search for new devices.
It can also work in wireless mode and cable connection through the unit’s USB port.

I’m happy with the purchase and would recommend to buy one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine is not arriving yet.

After nearly a month of waiting, there is no sign of arrival, my comment is hidden probably because I am giving 1 Star. There is no one helping me after 1 reply of email. (Saying shipper is checking and no follow up afterwards.) No refund is allowed except the product is received, but there is no product is received. Tracking number is a joke as there is no updates after Dec 20, 2019 and it was going from one city to another, and returned to the original city according to the tracking info. USD159.9 is gone. Thanks Carplay2Air.
Sorry to hear. Mine arrived within 12 days from placing the order - without a single glitch. I’m not sure what you can do if they’re not responding.
Have you tried posting the same on social media to get their attention? FB, twitter, Reddit etc?
I went onto this path few years when had a bad experience with a tour operator.
As soon as the post got publicity over TripAdvisor the company miraculously started responding to my previous contact attempts and sorted the issue.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday. Yes, I got the unit. Installed today and it’s working fine. One note here: all existing Bluetooth connection to the car’s system needs to be deleted on the phone and within the infotainment system prior installation. Otherwise it won’t initialise.

The unit will connect to the last one always. During boot, it will offer the option to select existing or search for new devices.
It can also work in wireless mode and cable connection through the unit’s USB port.

How about Android Auto?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, what car do you have? Year/model/market? I wonder if it can be installed on Mazda 6 '16 somehow...
My guess it should work fine, if it works in his Mazda, all Mazdas that have MZD/Mazda Connect with CarPlay installed, should be compatible, year/model/market does not matter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My guess it should work fine, if it works in his Mazda, all Mazdas that have MZD/Mazda Connect with CarPlay installed, should be compatible, year/model/market does not matter.
Correct. As long as the CarPlay can be installed, year/model/market does not matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear. Mine arrived within 12 days from placing the order - without a single glitch. I’m not sure what you can do if they’re not responding.
Have you tried posting the same on social media to get their attention? FB, twitter, Reddit etc?
I went onto this path few years when had a bad experience with a tour operator.
As soon as the post got publicity over TripAdvisor the company miraculously started responding to my previous contact attempts and sorted the issue.
Best of luck!
Thanks man, i just purchased another brand named :Carlinkit after confirmed Mazda CX5 works.
I should receive the dongle tomorrow. :)
Believed that they are the same item in different brand.
I am asking my friend in US to contact them and see what can I do about the Carplay2Air.

Anyways, glad to know it works great !

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi Htomi,

A quick question, after the wireless Carplay set up, is it OK to re-connect the Mazda infotainment system by Bluetooth ?

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Htomi,

A quick question, after the wireless Carplay set up, is it OK to re-connect the Mazda infotainment system by Bluetooth ?

Thanks.
Jason
I haven't tested that. In theory it can be as the wireless CarPlay is utilising wifi network to establish connection post initial setup is complete. TBH CarPlay serves all my needs, so I don't see why I would want the BT connection enabled too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't tested that. In theory it can be as the wireless CarPlay is utilising wifi network to establish connection post initial setup is complete. TBH CarPlay serves all my needs, so I don't see why I would want the BT connection enabled too.
Hi man, i can reply now, my carlinkit arrived, i confirmed it is the newer version of CarPlay2Air. (i studied the Carplay2Air in Youtube, both Carlinkit and Carplay2Air is the same with different labels)
Carplay2Air - if you need to update the FW, you need usb dongle.
Carlinkit 2.0 - if you need to update the FW, you simply use Safari.

I've troubles setting up the Wireless carplay when received. Even though i removed the Mazda infotainment from Bluetooth setting, there is nothing displayed when plugging in the dongle to the Car, the only message i get is : Apple CarPlay failed.

I went back home, tried to google the troubleshooting, then i found out i have another Wireless carplay Device in my bluetooth setting, (I tested Wireless carplay with different dongle @ my friend's car).

This time, i tried not to plug in the dongle immediately when the car is started up. I waited few minutes to let the infotainment loaded up.

Then i plugged in the Dongle, BOOM the setup screen appears !

as soon as the wireless carplay is setup, i reconnect the Mazda Infotainment, and everything is Fine !

For more info, you can refer to below Youtube video !

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
827 Posts
Which MZD Firmware version is required for this adapter? If FW 70 is required, which I assume, is the new usb hub + cables also required? (might be installed at newer cars from factory). In the video above the new usb hub is installed (white icon at top usb slot). So probably Mazdas original AA/CP has to be installed already to use this adapter, right?

Edit:
I should have read properly & now can answer my own question. The vendor states: "Convert your factory CarPlay to wireless and skip plugging in your phone when you get in!" ... so the pre-requisite for the adapter is an original AA/CP from Mazda - with the white marked top USB slot at the usb hub.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts