2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally upgraded my 2017 Mazda3 GT to genuine CarPlay. Works fine.

The only issue (and it disappoints me a lot) is that Aha radio is not available when phone is connected via USB. I usually listen to Aha stations while on the road and having to choose between music and CarPlay maps is a big deal.

Looking at Aha web site it seems that bluetooth only is only Mazda limitation; all other cars Aha integrated with supports it both with Bluetooth and USB connectivity.

Anyone can shed a light on this issue? Any rumors on addressing it in future Aha or Mazda firmware updates?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally upgraded my 2017 Mazda3 GT to genuine CarPlay. Works fine.
Was your aux hub in the front (under the air con controls) or in the centre console? From what I have seen, it seems the front aux retrofit is a little more complex than the centre.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was your aux hub in the front (under the air con controls) or in the centre console? From what I have seen, it seems the front aux retrofit is a little more complex than the centre.
It was in the front. Nothing hard about this, the trim removal instructions are very clear. Just needed to be careful and patient. No special tools needed too, only a screwdriver and 10mm wrench for the CMU bolt. I used magnetic holder wrench to avoid dropping the bolt inside, worked well.

Back to my original issue with Aha and CP. It turned to be not so bad. This is correct that Aha is not integrated with CarPlay, meaning CP does not show Aha application icon and does not allow to control it. However I found that when connected via USB cable I still can open and use Aha application on the phone itself and it plays nicely via car audio system. Even shows Pause/resume button on CarPlay interface.

So it works, I still can listen to the Aha stations while using CarPlay. Just can't select stations via CP interface. Not a big deal as I do not change stations frequently anyway...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts