2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carpet vs. rubber, which do you prefer and why?

I prefer rubber and these are reasons why:

1. Easier to clean off dirt, dust, etc. (although I do check my feet every time before entering the car)

2. Handles the rainy/wet season much better...no damp carpet.

3. Looks sportier/nicer (subjective)

4. More foot feel/grip when driving.

Away goes my minty OEM carpet mats:

In with the OEM all weather mats:

Which do you prefer? Post up your set up!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did the same. I immediately ordered the oem all-weather floor mats and I love them more than the oem carpet mats. The carpet seems so flimsy when I took them out. I also got the rear trunk all-weather mat. I also like how it matches the color scheme of the interior.

·
Registered
156 Posts
OEM Rubber mats, Why? They came on the car already installed and I just haven't changed them lol.
They do look better so I will be keeping them installed for now.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the same. I immediately ordered the oem all-weather floor mats and I love them more than the oem carpet mats. The carpet seems so flimsy when I took them out. I also got the rear trunk all-weather mat. I also like how it matches the color scheme of the interior.
OEM Rubber mats, Why? They came on the car already installed and I just haven't changed them lol.
They do look better so I will be keeping them installed for now.
1. Nice, now you have me wanting the rear trunk mat.

2. Cool, so did you also get the carpet mats too? I should have told the salesman to throw in the all weather mats. I bought em today for $80 at the stealership I mean dealership...no regrets.

·
Registered
156 Posts
2. Cool, so did you also get the carpet mats too? I should have told the salesman to throw in the all weather mats. I bought em today for $80 at the stealership I mean dealership...no regrets.
Yeah,
When I took final delivery of the car my salesman was all "Cool, you got the last all weather floor mats and wheel lock nut package." My carpet mats were in the back, in a sealed bag. I don't think the carpet mats were ever installed in the car.

I figured it was a small sign, I didn't get a smoking deal on my car since it was the only MT and HB on the lot or in the area, so this was a small victory lol.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I like the '14s OEM all weather better than my '12 all weather

Reactions: jeremiah

·
Registered
38 Posts
the all weather mats and cargo tray completely finish the interior design of the car (IMO) the red accent of the 3 and design lines accentuate the details of the interior perfectly and add that little extra bit of 'coolness' to the car... I've purchased the weather tech mats before but the oem mats for this car just rock...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I actually like having carpeted mats, they make the interior feel more cozy for some reason lol However, I am using the rubber mats right now and I like them, definitely a lot easier to clean. This is the first time I've ever gotten all weather floor mats :D

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah,
When I took final delivery of the car my salesman was all "Cool, you got the last all weather floor mats and wheel lock nut package." My carpet mats were in the back, in a sealed bag. I don't think the carpet mats were ever installed in the car.

I figured it was a small sign, I didn't get a smoking deal on my car since it was the only MT and HB on the lot or in the area, so this was a small victory lol.
I like the '14s OEM all weather better than my '12 all weather
the all weather mats and cargo tray completely finish the interior design of the car (IMO) the red accent of the 3 and design lines accentuate the details of the interior perfectly and add that little extra bit of 'coolness' to the car... I've purchased the weather tech mats before but the oem mats for this car just rock...
I actually like having carpeted mats, they make the interior feel more cozy for some reason lol However, I am using the rubber mats right now and I like them, definitely a lot easier to clean. This is the first time I've ever gotten all weather floor mats :D
1. Ha well any freebie is good...especially the OEM mats and wheel locks (pretty significant compared to say a keychain or some other low cost item)

2. Got any pictures of your mats?

3. Looks good, even better in yours because you have all that red stitching in there.

4. Oh yeah they do have that cozy feeling but I always felt my car was like my house. I always remove shoes before entering my home but in a car...that is not the most practical thing to be doing and unsafe for driving (also terrible pedal when its bare socked feet) so for lack of a better description I felt icky when stepping on my carpet mats....its like a cringe feeling that wont go away. I like my mats looking immaculate but with the carpet I feel its getting soiled. I can vacuum but eventually they will need to be shampooed.

Now with the rubber I know the same happens but it just feels so much easier to keep clean. I wipe em down after every driving session with a damp mf cloth and if it should get bad then I will wash em with car wash shampoo. (Yes I am pretty anal....I even QD my car after parking)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Totally off-topic, but I really like your pedals. Where did you find them?

Oh, and I'm all about carpet. I prefer the plush look and feel of it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Totally off-topic, but I really like your pedals. Where did you find them?

Oh, and I'm all about carpet. I prefer the plush look and feel of it.
The pedals are oem from the dealer... top notch quality... glad you like them. the dead pedal is nice compared to the carpet underneath...
I didn't get a huge discounted deal on the car, but I got a bunch of extras thrown in... pedals, mats, cargo tray, rear scuff plate...

·
Registered
269 Posts
All weathers + the sill trim plates + allow pedals finish off the interior :p

I went for the cargo liner instead of the cargo tray since the liner protects the backs of the seats and folds out over the bumper, just in case.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got Weathertech front and rear. With the amount of snow that gets tracked in my car, you'd be surprised at how much liquid I'd not absorbing into the floor of the car. It's easy to just pull the mats out and pour out the water after the snow has melted. I've had them before in other cars, and won't do without them ever.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Texas...rains some but little snow. Carpet for me except for the bed liner to keep groceries from sliding around.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

Reactions: jeremiah

·
Registered
269 Posts
I prefer carpet, helps absorb some of the noise a little better I think, plus feels more luxurious with carpet vs hard rubber. I got the rubber trunk liner for the hatch back though, looks really nice and should provide a lot of protection.

·
Registered
583 Posts
we went with the Weather-tec digital floor mats front and back and picking them up this weekend so will see just how well they fit. With our winter weather , the only way to go. In areas that don't get the white stuff and winter mess ; then the original carpets are tops.

·
Registered
46 Posts

I really like how it looks and it was an EXACT fit. After I put it in, we went on a road trip and my friends handcarry was a little dirty. Glad I had the rubber mat in the trunk. After the trip, took it out, rinsed it off, and I was good to go. Clean!

·
Registered
136 Posts

I really like how it looks and it was an EXACT fit. After I put it in, we went on a road trip and my friends handcarry was a little dirty. Glad I had the rubber mat in the trunk. After the trip, took it out, rinsed it off, and I was good to go. Clean!
I just put the rear trunk mat in my 2014. First thought was how perfectly it fits. It just slides right in place and the fit is immediately apparent. Plus it has a few little areas carved out for easily pulling out the mat when needed.

I'm really excited to see that the OEM rubber floor mats don't cover the dead pedal. I was thinking about possibly getting aftermarket mats, but I just got the pedal set to install, so I need something that won't cover that. All-weather mats seem like a no-brainer for me with how much dirt gets tracked around.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts