2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching around recently for an air intake for my 2011 Hatchback (2.5L engine), but haven't been very successful finding an intake that I can legally use here in California (until about 5 minutes ago).

As a result, I figured I would start a thread for reference and ask anyone if they knew of other CARB intakes for the newer Mazda 3s models. The certification takes a long time, so it may very well be the case that nothing is officially legal yet.

Anyway, I've called a few places so far and here are the results:

Corksport--never planning to do CARB for the non-speed intake
AEM--CARB pending for their intake, but fits manual transmissions only
K&N--CARB submitted for the 69 series Typhoon intake
Injen--Certification is submitted and should have an EO# in 8 months (literally just called)

Hope this helps! I am about to get the Injen intake since it's the cheapest (getting SRI) so I will update this once it's installed!

Also, new to the forums so hi everyone!

·
General
170 Posts
agreed +1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the support! Now I just have to keep up my usefulness :tongue:

·
Dustin L.
524 Posts
Don't set the bar too high from the start. Keep their expectations low and they're never disappointed. J/k. I live in Texas so no carb junk to deal with but I know your efforts are not wasted. Great work, hope u find the rest of the forum as useful as u are.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to update a while ago, but I got the Injen SRI and it's been on my car for about a week now! Between that and getting my first oil change, I'm up about 4mpg, which seemed ridiculous but I'm not complaining! Also, the Injen SRI is basically silent during normal driving which is awesome but you can hear a nice low rumble when pulling onto the highway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts