2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
97 Posts
Makes me wonder why larger companies take longer to get parts C.A.R.B. certified. My old Injen intake wasn't certified for at least two years.

Anyway, congrats to CorkSport for getting it done in a timely manner.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Great news! Kudos to CorkSport for following through with this.

I wonder if there will be any sort of contingency plans should any smog place hassle those of us with the intake but no EO sticker.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'm guessing the main reason larger companies take longer is they have a broader range of vehicle offerings. It is very time and money intensive to get each vehicle tested and approved. Multiply that by dozens of vehicles and there goes a few years of testing and a large financial investment.

With our narrow focus on just Mazda vehicles, it's easier to decide where to start.

·
Registered
63 Posts
does this cross over to the mazda3 intake? or just the speed3 intake

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm guessing the main reason larger companies take longer is they have a broader range of vehicle offerings. It is very time and money intensive to get each vehicle tested and approved. Multiply that by dozens of vehicles and there goes a few years of testing and a large financial investment.

With our narrow focus on just Mazda vehicles, it's easier to decide where to start.
Thanks for the insight, definitely makes sense. I'm sure your decision to invest in CARB certification will be a good one.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
This certification does not include the non-speed 3 or 6. However, if it goes will with these newly approved models, we will continue to expand the process to other models.

·
zoom zoom
737 Posts
This certification does not include the non-speed 3 or 6. However, if it goes will with these newly approved models, we will continue to expand the process to other models.
im waiting on a carb intake since im in cali. so far there isnt one for the 2010 mz3. i know injen is pending but id rather have a corksport

·
Registered
62 Posts
im waiting on a carb intake since im in cali. so far there isnt one for the 2010 mz3. i know injen is pending but id rather have a corksport
I too am waiting. When oh when will us Cali folk [w/out the Speed] get the intake parts we want? :argh 1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts