2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Electrician
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we start a thread for CARB approved mods? If there is a linky please post it here. I just bought a 2011 M3S and can't leave well enough alone. However, I live in California and I don't want to swap parts every time I need a smog check. Cali has also started rolling random smog checks. Just like a DUI check point, they can stop you and smog test right there. I saw one in the central valley. They were looking for red diesel in work trucks at the time.

So lets hear what's available.....

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts
That is cool but it's for the Mazdaspeed 3 not the M3S. I hope they get the CARB cert for the M3S soon...
Sorry, I misread your post - I thought it said MS3. Do you mean the 3s Sport/GT? I've never seen anyone call it the M3S - most people denote it Mz3 to eliminate confusion with the Mazdaspeed3 and the BMW M3.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can we start a thread for CARB approved mods? If there is a linky please post it here. I just bought a 2011 M3S and can't leave well enough alone. However, I live in California and I don't want to swap parts every time I need a smog check. Cali has also started rolling random smog checks. Just like a DUI check point, they can stop you and smog test right there. I saw one in the central valley. They were looking for red diesel in work trucks at the time.

So lets hear what's available.....

AGREED! :thumbup 1:

I know theres gotta be more of us in this CARB dilemma. How long is it gonna take to make these available for the Mz3 owners?

the CorkSport SRIs for the MS3 (both gen.), MS6, & CX-7 are CARB certified

CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog CARB CERTIFIED. YEAH, THAT’S RIGHT. I SAID IT.
As far as I can tell this is the only one that is CARB certified right now. :argh 1:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah i think its bull that cork sport is making all this stuff for the speed but not the 2.5. They should be working on both at the same time. Even the mazda 2 is getting more stuff like the light weight crankshaft pulley they made that for the speed and 2. :argh 1:

·
Resident Electrician
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the fourm bands together and starts spamming the manufacturers, we may get some results. I almost bought the turbo but just couldn't bring myself to send another $8k for just a few HP. Plus I bought this for use as a commute vehicle. If I had a turbo, I would be busy trying to find max boost. That would not be so good for my gas milage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Product Ideas for CS

Maybe we need to go :chuck_norris 1: style.

Got a newsletter from CS today. In it was a link to suggest new products. Maybe if more of us send the word...it will get thru!!! Couldnt hurt. Right?

Anyways... Product Ideas - CorkSport Mazda Performance - 360-260-CORK

I'm gonna send one off shortly myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts