2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Weird, my car would go for months without being started and had no problems.

Ok if u did a trans swap of course that will void the warranty. But I didn't touch the engine- right but its still a major change to the car. I understand u wanting a standard but these cars are still new and abundant so y not just buy one that way. I actually know the whole trans swap thing since I have done it on a previous car but that car was old definitely no warranty and a hell of a lot harder to find a good condition -from the factory- 5spd.

Anyway I hope u get a break, good luck.

*3i, YES HE ALREADY DID THAT. TRY READING! :)
and it wasnt only the trans was swap, i swap the e.c.u. , cluster, and the harness which put the car on some idk stuff but its okay now. the swap was pain in the ass lol. i just have to fix some minor problems...
next step on this car prolly turbo/supercharged tbd. :))

·
Registered
1 Posts
***Don't waste your money at the dealer***
While replacing the transmission Control Module (TCM) on my 2008 Mazda 3 I thought all was good since I installed the new one and the car started fine. After reassembly of the battery box and putting everything back together, to my surprise the car would not start due to the auto theft device (fast flashing red car with the key inside it). The fix that worked for me was to disconnect the two modules to the left of the battery, I believe one is the ECM then disconnect the negative to the battery. Restart the car, it should work fine. If at first it won't turn over, disconnect the modules, then remove the negative fro a few seconds then reattach it. This in essence is resetting the computer so you can start the vehicle. Initially you may have a check engine light stay on for a bit, but this should go off after the computer completely reprograms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you read your manual? Lol
Hello, I had the same issues with my Mazda three 2009 when the vehicle had sat for too long and the battery went dead. I charged up the battery on a charger overnight and still could not figure out how to make the antitheft mechanism shut off so I checked my manual and it said to insert key and turned two on position and on the drivers side kick panel there is a button that you push will deactivate the antitheft mechanism in your vehicle . I have included pictures no charge!😊

21 - 24 of 24 Posts