2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I need a little help here please. I have a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 2.3L 4 cylinder, i just removed my fuel injectors to clean them because i was having some performance issues and all signs and symptoms pointed to clogged or bad injectors. This was my 1st time ever doing work like this on a car and i believe i did everything right. Put everything back together just like it was after cleaning the injectors and then the car would start but then stall right out. I couldn't think what was causing this so i removed the air filter and intercooler and started the car, it started and ran but was revving high but didn't stall. I put the air filter back and again started up and stayed on arounf 2,000rpms. When i put the intercooler back on it started and stalled. Every time i have the intercooler connected it won't run. What am i missing here? What could be causing this issue. Please help. I did this job myself because i don't have $2,000 to shell out to a mechanic to fix my car. I uploaded the picture of the intercooler, this is what's on when the car will start and stall. I'm pretty sure this is the intercooler but i can be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cleaned the injectors with Spray Nine and brake cleaner, i hooked the injectors up to a 9v battery to give them power as i cleaned them. I removed the intake manifold so i could access the fuel rail and injectors. I took the air filter out as well so i had easy access to the hoses and claps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts