1,131 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't see why not. I haven't tried it though. I drove up onto them without scraping my front bumper on them.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I can try it tomorrow.... I'm out of town today. I have blitz ramps

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
292 Posts
The rhino ramps work great for stock height cars. Your front bumper will clear the ramp (barely) and you can get up and down these ramps front or rear by yourself if you're careful, line them up right, and go slowly + use your mirrors or stick your head out the window. In this case, this is where having an automatic would actually be better lol.

Reactions: yellowmazda3

·
Registered
57 Posts
I made my own. Lots heavier than the rhino ramps; they don't move around at all. They work in forward and reverse. I did angle cut the edges to make it easier to get on. It was difficult to get on them with a manual and not go off the end. I made them out of 2x8x8s.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ramps are big, have a limited use and are a pain with a manual car. I prefer to just use a floor jack and jack stands. If your jack is long enough then it is even faster then ramps for an oil change. That said, my black rhino ramps worked fine on my 95 Neon that sits lower stock for stock then a 3.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I made my own. Lots heavier than the rhino ramps; they don't move around at all. They work in forward and reverse. I did angle cut the edges to make it easier to get on. It was difficult to get on them with a manual and not go off the end. I made them out of 2x8x8s.

Brilliant. Those are probably more safe since there no chance of collapse. You can probably add edge stops to prevent going over the end.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
the only reason that stopped me from buying the ramps was that people had them crack with their cars on them so use them with caution. I went to harbor freight and just bought 3-ton jack stands and a 3-ton jack for like $100 when it was on sale. feel much safer working under the car than with plastic ramps.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The ones I got feel very sturdy and are kind of heavy too. They are rated for even heavier vehicles (12000 GVW).

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is similar to what I have. Mine is only 2 levels high, but that's enough to do the basics under the car. Also, I put a 1x1 at the back end of the ramp as a stop. Works well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts