2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone, my car is headed to about 4 years old in October/November and only have 17.7kish miles. I'm driving my car up to VA and it will be finally be with me staying up there. Is it necessary to change my coolant for the different weather conditions? If so what kind of mix would I be looking at? 50/50?

Kinda a noob when it comes to fluids on car other than changing oil haha. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Okay everyone, my car is headed to about 4 years old in October/November and only have 17.7kish miles. I'm driving my car up to VA and it will be finally be with me staying up there. Is it necessary to change my coolant for the different weather conditions? If so what kind of mix would I be looking at? 50/50?

Kinda a noob when it comes to fluids on car other than changing oil haha. Thanks!
Bro your fine with what you have. The stock fluid that came with the car is good enough to hold up with VA weather.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it since you dont have that much mileage but if you got the spare cash then go for it. It wont hurt

Id leave it alone

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well when should I change it? I'm more worried about age than miles on my car haha.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
2 years or 40k whichever hits first

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
You didn't specify bitch. I haven't had it changed at all. But, okay, just dont wanna fuck up my car.
I thought you'd be smart enough to understand ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts

Haha. It's not too much different up here in the MD/VA/DC area, other than being maybe a little bit cooler (occasionally). Been up in the upper 90s lately and really humid. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you're paranoid, just change the coolant. Its not expensive and keeps all the tubes lubed up. Chances are you will be changing it with your waterpump soon anyways.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well.... not soon. he's at about 20k and has at least another 40k before his water pump. But seeing that he's wanting to change his coolant so early ....

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
i dont see the puepose of making a whole new thread for asking my question so i will use this... since the car got new radiator the shop filled it with coolant and i checked this morning and its waaaaay above the max point.. which means there is more than there is suppose to.. is that a problem or i should just ignore it

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont see the puepose of making a whole new thread for asking my question so i will use this... since the car got new radiator the shop filled it with coolant and i checked this morning and its waaaaay above the max point.. which means there is more than there is suppose to.. is that a problem or i should just ignore it
Well it is a 50/50 mix? Correct? Also fluid level will change between a hot and cold engine

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
Well it is a 50/50 mix? Correct? Also fluid level will change between a hot and cold engine
50/50 mix but its always above max... on a good note car used to run 196~201 before now its 185~190.. so the temperatures have gone down

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it if it's just a little over the mark. Obviously its not too over full if you've been driving it and it hasn't puked any out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts