2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally getting my bumper fixed... lol..

Otherwise.. got stuck with a 2011 chrysler 200. And let me tell you... car is a POS!!!!!

So basically it is not much larger then my 3s was.. but..

It has double the turn radius.
It has negative driver response
It wants to be its big brother the 300 so it feels like a boat
i cant turn at more then 15mph without the car wanting to flip over ( and i can get the shocks to oscillate with a few quick wheel turns.. )
It has piss acceleration and flooring the brakes does nothing to stop the car.

After these negative things, such soft shocks and huge freaking tires would lead one to believe that it is a comfortable ride... well I am sorry to dissappoint again... its actually so bouncy that if I was a fragile man.. I would get seasick..

So in my opinion.. dont ever think of buying this car.. not that I would think anyone on here would.. :argh 1:

( this is my opinion and if you dont like it ... tough :mad 1: )

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
ever since getting my mazda I feel the same way.. but about every other car lol. Dunno what it is but mazda put some subliminal brain washing or something because I haven't found another car with the feel of my mazda. inside and out.

Whe nI was getting my car fixed, my rental was a damn impala.. it was a 2011! and the inside looked like it was from the 1980's

·
Registered
25 Posts
ever since getting my mazda I feel the same way.. but about every other car lol. Dunno what it is but mazda put some subliminal brain washing or something because I haven't found another car with the feel of my mazda. inside and out.

Whe nI was getting my car fixed, my rental was a damn impala.. it was a 2011! and the inside looked like it was from the 1980's
Same here, but I drove the Mini and Nissan Altima 2.5 after driving the 3 2.5L for a year. Mini felt stiff with a little bit more power then the 3 and Altima is just absolutely junk. About the Altima is the CVT which is absolutely crap!! I don't know what I'm going to do when the world changes everything to CVT. Maybe I'll just drive a super old car and keep restoring it.

·
Dont drive fast! Fly Low!
249 Posts
The only thing I dont like abt the 3 is the plastic everywhere, but that is normal. lol

Same here, but I drove the Mini and Nissan Altima 2.5 after driving the 3 2.5L for a year. Mini felt stiff with a little bit more power then the 3 and Altima is just absolutely junk. About the Altima is the CVT which is absolutely crap!! I don't know what I'm going to do when the world changes everything to CVT. Maybe I'll just drive a super old car and keep restoring it.
Move to a place with snow always, CVTs are really good at snow.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've seen the same thing. I travel at least once a month for work and have been through a series of rental cars. The 200 was far and away the worst rental car...or any car...I've driven in recent memory. I was shocked at how truly bad the car was.

I also had a base Charger. The seats were terrible and it was gutless in the hills due to poor transmission shift logic, but it was a nice ride and would get better mileage than my car gliding along at 80mph on the interstate.

Dispite the CVT, I didn't mid the Altima. It was probably the one rental car I've had in a while that I din't have too many complaints about. If anyone here is old enough to remember driving the CVT's of the 80's (Subaru Justy anyone?) you'll realize how far they have come. I loath automatics with a white hot passion, so any poorly exicuted auto frustrates me, but the CVT on that tourquey 2.5 wasn't all that bad...again for an automatic...in a rental car...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Even with the V6, the 2012 mazda 6 they rented me was CRAP. I wouldnt even want that for the bigger motor! Drove like shit, felt like a boat, I couldnt wait to get back into my 3!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I hate big cars that feel like boats. Before I got my 3 I drove my dad's old 1998 Buick Regal until some lady ran into me. That thing felt like a boat.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Even with the V6, the 2012 mazda 6 they rented me was CRAP. I wouldnt even want that for the bigger motor! Drove like shit, felt like a boat, I couldnt wait to get back into my 3!
My mom drives an 09 Mazda 6 loaded with the leather, V6, etc. Very nice car to cruise around in. It is nice and the power is awesome. Engine swap anyone? I feel like it would just because our 2.5L fits in the same bay...

·
Registered
262 Posts
My mom drives an 09 Mazda 6 loaded with the leather, V6, etc. Very nice car to cruise around in. It is nice and the power is awesome. Engine swap anyone? I feel like it would just because our 2.5L fits in the same bay...
I love the 09 and under mazda 6, the new ones just dont cut it.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
lets hope the 2014 gets it back up there cause I agree 09 and under was damn good

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm getting a little spoiled. I drive a 2011 3s Sport HB w/ Tech. I traveled for work recently and my rental was a 2012 3 GX (Canada). I greatly disliked it. No A/C, audio was noticeably different form my Bose, steering wheel hurt my hands, no cruise, headlights seemed dull and worst of all; when I stepped on the accelerator, the car felt like it was in cardiac arrest and about to tap out...not like mine at all.

I just read that. I sound really whiny.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just gave back my rental, a 2010 base hatchback with auto transmission. It wasn't as bad as I remember the autos being before, although trying to engine break was a joke. The ride seemed a lot smoother than the speed, but the 2.5 was a dog, even compared to the 2.5 6MT. Glad to have the speed back. I also noticed the manual mode of the shifter had downshift as forward and upshift as pull back. Isn't that backwards? Also, why doesn't my 2012 speed have any of the blue accent lights that were in my 2011?

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, why doesn't my 2012 speed have any of the blue accent lights that were in my 2011?
Cause obviously our 2011 3's are cooler then your speed :thumbup1 1:

Haha!

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
yeah, think about it like this: When you shift from 1st to 2nd, you pull back. Say you start Manumatic mode from a stop. You start in 1st and pull back into 2nd. The rest doesn't follow, but that's about as far as + and - can take you.

I think downshifting via manumatic mode works fairly well. Better than it does on the Protege 5 we have.

·
Registered
402 Posts
yeah, think about it like this: When you shift from 1st to 2nd, you pull back. Say you start Manumatic mode from a stop. You start in 1st and pull back into 2nd. The rest doesn't follow, but that's about as far as + and - can take you.
First gear isn't always in the upper left though, I think someone on here has a Porsche with reverse in that spot, and first in the bottom left. My wife's Hyundai has the opposite manumatic.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
87 Posts
Either way, pulling back to upshift has always felt more natural to me. In general, when accelerating you're being pulled back into the seat, and the pulling back motion for upshifting works with that.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Either way, pulling back to upshift has always felt more natural to me. In general, when accelerating you're being pulled back into the seat, and the pulling back motion for upshifting works with that.
Agreed... and all the other car makers do it wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 27 Posts