2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the maximum voltage capacity of the car battery and the minimum required voltage to start the engine?
Asking to set up dashcam's parking mode accurately.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know the maximum voltage capacity of the car battery and the minimum required voltage to start the engine?
Asking to set up dashcam's parking mode accurately.
can not answer your ?.
will say that my 2019 m3 has not failed to start. however, battery voltage static measured is strange. don't remember ever getting a 12.6 reading with orig bat or the replacement like should on good/new bat. on original bat, it would start with no difficulty at a low 11.9 volts- totally unlike other prior cars. soon after bat replacement it commonly read low 12 volts unlike my previous experiences with other car bats.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD 2.5G
281 Posts
9 volts is the lowest I've seen my 4th gen start with. Right after starting the voltage goes up to 14 and then comes back down to 13.5-13.9 after driving for a while. I've noticed as soon as car is switched off the voltage reads. 12.5 then dips down to 12.3 or lower within minutes. But after locking the car and leaving it alone for 15+ minutes, if you don't bring the key near the vehicle and don't unlock the vehicle. Then it will read 12.5

Takes time for the computers and everything else to switch off. But they all wake up the second you unlock the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9 volts is the lowest I've seen my 4th gen start with. Right after starting the voltage goes up to 14 and then comes back down to 13.5-13.9 after driving for a while. I've noticed as soon as car is switched off the voltage reads. 12.5 then dips down to 12.3 or lower within minutes. But after locking the car and leaving it alone for 15+ minutes, if you don't bring the key near the vehicle and don't unlock the vehicle. Then it will read 12.5

Takes time for the computers and everything else to switch off. But they all wake up the second you unlock the car.
how do u measure the battery voltage, dude?

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD 2.5G
281 Posts
how do u measure the battery voltage, dude?
Any of the below 3 will work:
1. Multi meter to the battery terminals,
2. OBD-II scanner that connects to your phone vis Bluetooth. I haven't used this particular one but it has good reviews and works with a few apps. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XKQQQ...abc_NY2YVYXF558GKKMGGZEG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)
3. 12v car charger than can also read out voltage, this is the one I use: (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQLMPR...abc_Z41H8HY9QJYKNAX8DEWP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts