2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I considered the VW in my search but was turned off by the turbo lag. Hello 2016 sGT!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I considered the GTI vs the 3s, but the plain Golf is a boring little thing compared to the Mazda. Been out of my car for a month, driving the wife's 2016 328i and just got my car back. It's a great little car that holds its own against considerably faster and more expensive things. I really won't miss her car, nice to have mine back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The 3s are has more character and spirit to it. Driving dynamics are also exciting and energetic

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had a 2013 mk7 103tsi highline golf which I replaced with the now 3 week old m3 sp25 gt. Very different cars, and am liking the manual 2.5 driving experience much more than the 1.4 turbo dsg of the golf. Mazda is much more engaging and the manual is so smooth.

the Mazda connect entertainment system is better than the golf, tho may share some aspects as the golf's was flakey, and I've managed to get the m3 to reboot three times while driving (will chat to service when there next week for the 1000km service).

Road noise in the m3 is the biggest negative so far compared to the golf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts