2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a Mazda 3 2016 which comes with a broken audio software so, you can read:

Install Not Successful: System Failure (all the text about inserting usb and system retry....)

I've tried to install several versions I could find in this forum for North America however none of them work. The best I could get was:

Validating System Update Package xxxx...xxx
and
Reinstallation package 70.00.100

The sad part is both of those re-start after 5 or 10 seconds of progress without doing anything from my end. It just restarts and get me back to "Install Not Successful: System Failure".

Any advice? any comment is highly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
@Anturant: ID7v2 will not help Angel Moreno.

@Angel Moreno: Have you tried to search the forum (top right) with "Install not successful" - then a lot of other posts occur with the same issue. In some of the posts might be a good hint for you. Example 1 / Example 2 (and following post) / Example 3 - just read the linked posts and/or search at every site again for "Install Not Successful".

Hints:
1) Try another/older/smaller usb stick.
2) Verify the downloaded files/hashes - manual for that can be found on the hidrive server in "y checksum" folder.
3) Remove the Nav-SD before updating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Tristan-cx5 I think have already reviewed almost anything, I'm currently trying with different usb devices but same results, all of them abort the installation process after a few seconds.

I'll continue checking it, Thank you sir.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
323 Posts
I don't think you can go from V31 to V70 directly. I believe you have to go from V31->V33->V59->V70.

Be sure to install the ID7 tweak _before_ you get to V59.00.502 if you want to have tweaks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
@Albuyeh: According to ASH8, who often posted the official Mazda guidelines to their dealers, you can (and as a dealer have to) update as follows:
  • FW < (smaller than) 31.00.100A has to be updated to FW 31.00.100A first.
  • FW >= (equal or higher) 31.00.100A has to be updated straight to the latest FW, which currently is 70.00.335.
This is fact/knowledge and not believing/guessing. That`s why ASH8 moved all FW versions in between to the "outdated" folder.

For sure you can install any version in between, which is available at the hidrive server - and your recommendation regarding tweaks is correct. But then I would add the recommendation not to install FW 70.00.335, but 70.00.100, as .335 removes the ID7 tweak from AIO - but that`s a topic in another thread - see ID7v2-thread. And tweaks were not requested here.

@Angel Moreno: Have you verified the hashes of your downloads? If they are corrupt (hashes of your downloaded files do not match the ones mentioned in the files at the server), you can try as many usb sticks as you want and it will never work. Then you have to download the FW files again and check hashes again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Albuyeh I'm not trying to jump versions, it is just that in some point I've randomly chosen versions of the repository because in fact I don't know who broke the installation and which version they were trying to install. What I've noticed is only version 70.00.100A starts the installation progress bar all the other ones break in Validating System Update Package.
@Tristan-cx5 I've verified the hashes every time I put the files in a usb stick, actually the main one is a little old kingstong 2bg from kind of 10 years ago now :D.

I'm wondering if there could me something I'm not doing well that lets the system to restart, I've done the Sleep mode thing and also the room fuse too.

Pretty weird it starts the installation then just restarts with no single message or anything being done besides of waiting for the installation progress to complete, it nevers goes more than 2%, then restarts over and over again.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If you no longer have relatively easy options, you could try to follow the unbrick manual here in the post - or ask the guys posting there beforehand if their unbrick solution might help in your case. And I think there are one or two guys (ruhmsy@Austria (EU) and someone in the USA) who might offer help via sending them the bricked CMU.

Have you checked your battery? It is recommended to connect the car to a charger during update, but most people do not do that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Tristan-cx5 I was thinking on trying with the boot loop fix with ssh connection but I still need to take it out and resolve the power connection to turn it on. In regards of the raspberry programming so far looks to me I can find a pre-owned unit for a reasonable price and just change it, of course none of them are my first option but I'll continue trying. Thanks a lot for the very useful info, I'll keep you updated guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just stumbled across this thread, and I'm not sure if this will help. I have a 2016 Mazda 3 and have had recurring problems with my display. Several months ago, the dealer told me since it was out of warranty it would cost $800 to $1000 to check and replace the unit. However, a couple of weeks ago when I took the car in for the wiper recall, I mentioned the problem and the rep told me that Mazda had extended the warranty on the CMU/display. I had not seen any other indication of this, but they updated the firmware. While that did not solve the problem entirely and I am still hassling with the remaining problem (mainly over the navigation system not loading properly), you might be able to have the dealer update your firmware.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts