2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the AIO tweaks installed and all are working with the exception of AA. It worked for me sometimes with my old phone in the past but was not reliable. Might start up, might not. Had it crash while in use frequently. My old phone had issues. Later installed a hacked version of Android 8 on it and AA refused to work ever again.

Later got a new phone. Android 10, stock and has no problems. Still, AA will not work. Plug phone in and all I get is a blank screen on the CMU. I have tried factory reset as well as uninstall/reinstall all AIO tweaks. Still not working.

I have the version before 59.502 simply because I don't want to mess with the AIO blocks and the serial cable.

Although installing official AA is an option, again I'm not too keen on pulling the trim apart just for that. Furthermore, I'd have to mess with the serial cable to get AIO back.

I never used AA often, only for occasional GPS so it's hard to justify the headache of going with V70.

Any thoughts? Hoping to somehow fix this with minimal effort.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's not so old, very strange... It should work.

Imo remove everything (all your tweaks) reinstall them and try to install AA 1.13 or the other fork 1.14b true go.

Don't forget the id7 recovery.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not so old, very strange... It should work.

Imo remove everything (all your tweaks) reinstall them and try to install AA 1.13 or the other fork 1.14b true go.

Don't forget the id7 recovery.
As I have already said in my original post, that has been done. Recently so it'll be newest version of AIO unless something new came out within the last month or two.

·
Registered
172 Posts
As I have already said in my original post, that has been done. Recently so it'll be newest version of AIO unless something new came out within the last month or two.
@zero_gravity yes latest nightly build v1.14b june 23rd 2020. Now your original post never mentioned anywhere what AA versions u had installed. Its very important to specify because other lower version have diff bugs. Your black screen seem like a usb cable issue. Have u try a different cable? Or original usb data cable? If else all fail install "AIO tweak app" via mzd AIO v2.8.6 into your car, in applications->aio tweaks->options->and select system restore. Do not install any other tweaks beside just only download & install AA v1.14b either nightly build or standard view00.zip (in-built code to clear logs/dump files etc) to try/test & make sure u have the latest google/waze maps apps then connect your Andriod device thru usb data cable and see if that works. How did you go??

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@zero_gravity yes latest nightly build v1.14b june 23rd 2020. Now your original post never mentioned anywhere what AA versions u had installed. Its very important to specify because other lower version have diff bugs. Your black screen seem like a usb cable issue. Have u try a different cable? Or original usb data cable? If else all fail install "AIO tweak app" via mzd AIO v2.8.6 into your car, in applications->aio tweaks->options->and select system restore. Do not install any other tweaks beside just only download & install AA v1.14b either nightly build or standard view00.zip (in-built code to clear logs/dump files etc) to try/test & make sure u have the latest google/waze maps connect Andriod device thru usb data cable and see if that works.
I'll give that a try, thanks. I only installed the version that came with the AIO software.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@zero_gravity yes latest nightly build v1.14b june 23rd 2020. Now your original post never mentioned anywhere what AA versions u had installed. Its very important to specify because other lower version have diff bugs. Your black screen seem like a usb cable issue. Have u try a different cable? Or original usb data cable? If else all fail install "AIO tweak app" via mzd AIO v2.8.6 into your car, in applications->aio tweaks->options->and select system restore. Do not install any other tweaks beside just only download & install AA v1.14b either nightly build or standard view00.zip (in-built code to clear logs/dump files etc) to try/test & make sure u have the latest google/waze maps apps then connect your Andriod device thru usb data cable and see if that works. How did you go??
i tried installing the 1.14b version tonight, seemed to install. i am very limited on time so i just tried installing overtop of the old AA i had installed. saw in your notes that doing this should be fine? it seemed to install just fine, but same result. my phone shows AA is running but all i see on the car is a black screen. tried unplugging and plugging the USB back in a couple times and no go. after two attempts the phone just stopped starting AA and the car would not try to load.

using a USB cable, tried two. only thing is i have to use USB-C adapters. my newer phone is USB-C while all my cables are USB micro from my old phone. these seem to work fine for data transfer on my desktop. i also checked both AA and google maps are fully up to date on my phone and then cleared the cache for both. also, i made a mistake with my firmware version. i am running 59.00.441, not 59.00.401. my bad there.

i have yet to try the AIO tweak app you mention, but one question...will the system restore reset everything in the CMU? i'll just have to write down how long to next oil change before i do that is all.

what other steps should i take if that does not work? is it worthwhile to reinstall the firmware?

some past info, old phone was an HTC M8. stock was android 6. i was able to get AA running, but it was never stable. often it wouldn't start or would crash as i was using it. i had many issues with android 6 so i rooted the phone and installed resurrection remix ROM that was pretty close to stock android 8. phone ran well, but AA didn't like it. pretty well had a seizure and never gave me anything more than a black screen since. i have not been able to get it work even once after that. my current phone is a motorolla G7 plus, it is not rooted. stock android 10.

i'll try the tweak app you mention on tuesday night when i have a little time....if i can. i'm on vacation soon so should be able to figure something out soon to tinker with this thing.

thanks again for your help, toss any ideas at me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i tried installing the 1.14b version tonight, seemed to install. i am very limited on time so i just tried installing overtop of the old AA i had installed. saw in your notes that doing this should be fine? it seemed to install just fine, but same result. my phone shows AA is running but all i see on the car is a black screen. tried unplugging and plugging the USB back in a couple times and no go. after two attempts the phone just stopped starting AA and the car would not try to load.

using a USB cable, tried two. only thing is i have to use USB-C adapters. my newer phone is USB-C while all my cables are USB micro from my old phone. these seem to work fine for data transfer on my desktop. i also checked both AA and google maps are fully up to date on my phone and then cleared the cache for both. also, i made a mistake with my firmware version. i am running 59.00.441, not 59.00.401. my bad there.

i have yet to try the AIO tweak app you mention, but one question...will the system restore reset everything in the CMU? i'll just have to write down how long to next oil change before i do that is all.

what other steps should i take if that does not work? is it worthwhile to reinstall the firmware?

some past info, old phone was an HTC M8. stock was android 6. i was able to get AA running, but it was never stable. often it wouldn't start or would crash as i was using it. i had many issues with android 6 so i rooted the phone and installed resurrection remix ROM that was pretty close to stock android 8. phone ran well, but AA didn't like it. pretty well had a seizure and never gave me anything more than a black screen since. i have not been able to get it work even once after that. my current phone is a motorolla G7 plus, it is not rooted. stock android 10.

i'll try the tweak app you mention on tuesday night when i have a little time....if i can. i'm on vacation soon so should be able to figure something out soon to tinker with this thing.

thanks again for your help, toss any ideas at me.
@zero_gravity older phone with Android v6 & also customs rom do not play well with AA high chances of conflicts , sometimes it'll work like u mentioned but lots of random issues. Android v9 or v10 is alot more compatible.
"Aio tweaks app" system restore will only remove/clear all tweaks and reminant it will not do a full factory reset of your entire cmu system settings which is much better way to use and it also help preventing/bricking your cmu or endless mzd logo bootloop.
So do that 1st and only install 2 tweaks. Id7v recovery package from mzd AIO v2.8.6 (install twice to 100% confirmed its in your cmu system). Then only after that install AA Tru_go. Test and see if it works without black screen etc.
Now If else all failed its your firmware at fault with this issue. So because you had install idv7 u can now upgrade to fw59.00.502 without serial connection (which is a massive pain, remove trim, buy ttl link to laptop, coding..etc) once upgrade to fw59.00.502 which is the most compatible fw for AA (high success rate and low to no bugs/issue/blackscreen etc) and other tweaks. So again only install AA Tru_go and try/test let us know whats your results. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@zero_gravity old phone Android 6 & customs rom do have conflicts not good for AA sometimes i'll work like u mentioned. Android 9 or 10 is alot more compatible.
"Aio tweaks app" system restore will only remove/clear all tweaks and reminant not do a full factory reset of your entire cmu system settings which is much better to use due to preventing/bricking your cmu or endless mzd logo bootloop.
So do that 1st and only install 2 tweaks. Id7v recovery package from mzd AIO v2.8.6 (install twice to 100% confirmed its in your cmu system). Then only after that install AA Tru_go. Test and see if it works without black screen etc.
Now If else all failed its your firmware at fault with this issue. So because you had install idv7 u can now upgrade to fw59.00.502 without serial connection (which is a massive pain, remove trim, buy ttl link to laptop, coding..etc) once upgrade to fw59.00.502 which is the most compatible fw for AA (high success rate and low to no bugs/issue/blackscreen etc) and other tweaks. So again only install AA Tru_go and try/test let us know whats your results. Cheers!
great, thanks so much. i'll give this a try and see what happens. i have not bothered to upgrade beyond my current firmware just because of the total PITA of having to connect the serial cable. sure, i can do it but i can also think of a lot better things to do with my time.

and thanks for explaining what the system restore does. i do well with computers but this is totally new territory to me. finding info like that isn't so easy to say the least.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great news! IT WORKS!!!

been a long time, guess it was the custom rom that screwed it up. thank you so much for your help, i wouldn't have been able to figure this out on my own.

just in case anyone has similar issues, here's what i did:

following your instructions, i decided it best to go full retard on this one and eliminate any maybe problems.

1. used AIO tweaks app to remove all tweaks
2. installed only ID7 recovery script
3. ran the dryrun script to see if it worked
4. upgraded from 59.00.441NA -> 59.00.502NA
5. installed only AA tru_go and tested, works!
6. installed the rest of my tweaks excluding the AA in the AIO app. still works!

only oddity i have is that if my phone is locked, it can't load AA. once i unlock it starts right up. very fast too i might add. since i have the fingerprint scanner on my phone, this isn't a show stopper but if there's an easy fix i'd love to hear it.

i'm sending you a donation for your efforts. the new AA interface you've done is excellent and runs quite fast. this is comparing to an older version of the AIO AA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts