2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks:

Just putting this out there to see what interest it drums up. I have done a covered bridge run with my Miata Club (my wife and I put the run together) and was wondering if folks would like to do this as an event?

This would be a full day trip. Starting at 9am and going to approx. 5-6pm. I have a planned lunch stop, bio-breaks, and an ice cream stop. We would hit at least 15 covered bridges. Some we drive over to continue, some we drive past (as they are not deemed safe to even walk on), and others we drive over and do a 180. There is even one we'll park and get to walk up to and walk on.

Post up if you'd be interested in attending as I'd be willing to lead folks on this great run.

NOTE: There will be some roads that are unpaved that we will have to drive on. Some of the covered bridges are not right off paved roads. I've had no issues with the Miata as we just take our time on the roads as to not kick up roads on people's cars.

For those out of towner's there are a few hotels I can recommend to stay at as this would be way too much driving to do all in one day. I'd recommend coming up the night before and then be ready to roll Sat am.

CLARIFICATION: This run is in the western/southwestern/northwestern part of NH

·
1,234 Posts
Re: GAUGING INTEREST... Covered Bridge Run in Oct...

this could be interesting... Did you post it up on the 3forums yet?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Deux3 said:
this could be interesting... Did you post it up on the 3forums yet?
Nope as I don't want this to turn into a "huge" event. Anything over 15 cars is unmanageable.

i want to keep this to a some what small gathering of Mazda3/Speed3 owners.

·
1,234 Posts

I'll have a 3 by then but driving to NH... aye yae yae!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Deux3 said:
I'll have a 3 by then but driving to NH... aye yae yae!
Aww come on, it will be fun! :D

·
1,234 Posts

Guarantees you'll get there first.... unless the navi sends me to the OTHER Concord, NH again.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Kevin -- I think I'd like to do the run this year. (If gas isn't $5.00/gallon at that point!) :mad:

·
Registered
131 Posts

I'll be interested to go , should be fun!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

It is quite a fun run with lots of driving and checking out old rustic covered bridges. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts

i know they did this in lancaster, Bridges and Buggies it was called something like 120 miata's showed up. they had different smaller groups that went to different places, but it was cool

·
1,234 Posts

Not that it's required for me to go but is there a Hyatt Place somewhere near this meet? I love the 42" plasmas they have there. :D Put me in as a good possibility... still waiting to see if my Mazda3 will even arrive. Cross your fingahs!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Scrump said:
i know they did this in lancaster, Bridges and Buggies it was called something like 120 miata's showed up. they had different smaller groups that went to different places, but it was cool
Yup I went to the Buggies and Bridges last Sept down in PA with my wife and her Miata and my Miata.

Actually the club's coordinator for the Buggies and Bridges came up to our Miata Club's run of the Covered Bridges last August and then we and then we went down to their club for their event.

Same event I am going to do with the Miata folks, I wanted to see if Mazda3 folks would be interested also.

Let me know...

·
1,234 Posts

Car arrived today, I'm in! :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

So are people interested? I'm thinking of doing the run on Oct 11th.

·
Registered
131 Posts

i'm interested. i'm down

1 - 20 of 55 Posts