2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a street name in my Navi which is incorrect and I was wondering if there was a way to edit this straight from the Infotainment?

Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nope, sorry. You might try to send an email to Navteq (or if you are not in the EU zone, to whoever supplies the maps) and a year or two later it might get corrected...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nope, sorry. You might try to send an email to Navteq (or if you are not in the EU zone, to whoever supplies the maps) and a year or two later it might get corrected...
It's not quite that hard. You can create an account on the HERE nav company's website and submit corrections there graphically using their editor. But yeah, now you're waiting a year for the changes to be rolled into the next map updates, and then made available to you from Mazda's map update website.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's not quite that hard. You can create an account on the HERE nav company's website and submit corrections there graphically using their editor. But yeah, now you're waiting a year for the changes to be rolled into the next map updates, and then made available to you from Mazda's map update website.
This is correct because I have made some map changes to new routes of roads and updated road names and they won't show up until at least the next map update but they are showing on the HERE website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I actually tried a Navi on a different car brand which ofcourse uses a different Navi brand as well and it also incorrectly spelled the street name, so I'm not bothered anymore lol.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I actually tried a Navi on a different car brand which ofcourse uses a different Navi brand as well and it also incorrectly spelled the street name
HERE supplies the map data for many different systems and manufacturers, so whatever system you tried probably is a HERE-based system as well, and has the same wrong data.

·
Registered
372 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts