2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see how integrated it is.

I have a 2016.5 CX-5 with AIO installed currently, so I know how AA itself works.

For example, with Waze/Maps running, does it have a volume indicator? Radio station indicator when changing channels? Can you change the input?

I've seen some really good integration with other manufacturers, but want to compare Mazda's.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about you, but radio station changes do not show up for me in the regular Mazda Connect, so I doubt that they will in AA...
But I would hope that since in that video we see the volume indicator, that radio stations will show up as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So what are all other differences compare to AIO AA?
From my research it's just smoother (more efficient, no slowness).

But to be honest my AIO when using usb cable works fine, no jerkiness and plus I get touch screen etc. Sometimes it needs a restart but meh it's livable.

Also with AIO if you want to play it has Wifi so you don't even need cables to connect.

I personally think AIO is better and the only advantage official AA is the smoothness that's it. Everything else is a disadvantage lol

·
Registered
875 Posts
pan? You mean zoom in/out and move the map? You have to rotate the commander knob, then on the right side (LHD) of the screen appears a new set of icons, which you can choose to zoom or move the visible part of the map.

25_AA.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
AIO AA, my Pixel 2XL, my phone is unusable, slow as heck while it's connected.
With official AA, it's very usable, taking photos/video like snapchat/instagram still laggy but not as much as AIO AA was.
Official AA is very responsive and smooth, the bottom buttons (music/home/phone/maps) is smaller, not huge like AIO AA.
On my MX-5, If you use the Voice command button on your steering wheel, Google Assistant answers on the headrest speakers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts