2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m running the oem rims with oem springs and struts and I’m looking to have it all flush without any need to roll the fenders. I have a 2014 3 Sedan touring

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have 5mm spacers all around, it doesn't flush the car but does give a slightly wider stance. A couple more mm all around would get it to be "flush" but might run out of turns on the lug nuts. As a note I'm on the 16" factory steelies.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Where did you buy your spacers from? 5mm all around might be what I'm after as well.

·
Rubber side down
266 Posts
www.willtheyfit.com

I am currently running 15mm spacers with the oem 18" wheels. I have my rear fenders rolled because my previous set of wheels required it, but now with the OEM wheels and their 50mm offset, they clear no problem. My car is lowered, and I do get a little rubbing in the wheel wells when making hard U-turns but the fender lips clear no problem. I cannot speak for the rears as they are already rolled, but they shouldn't have any trouble clearing the fender.

I can tell you that a 19 x 8 +35et wheel with 225/40/19 tires will get gashed by the un-rolled rear fender (don't ask). After running the numbers, comparing the 19" wheels to where the factory wheels with 15mm spacers sit (effectively changing the offset to +35), you shouldn't have an issue. But every car can be a little different. Go out to your car with a ruler or measuring tape and check the clearances. Keep in mind the top of the wheel/tire will swing inward slightly upon suspension compression, so take that into account.

·
Registered
163 Posts
www.willtheyfit.com

I am currently running 15mm spacers with the oem 18" wheels. I have my rear fenders rolled because my previous set of wheels required it, but now with the OEM wheels and their 50mm offset, they clear no problem. My car is lowered, and I do get a little rubbing in the wheel wells when making hard U-turns but the fender lips clear no problem. I cannot speak for the rears as they are already rolled, but they shouldn't have any trouble clearing the fender.
Which 15mm spacers are you using? Did you install extended studs or did the spacers come with the studs?

·
Rubber side down
266 Posts
Which 15mm spacers are you using? Did you install extended studs or did the spacers come with the studs?
Ichiba version II 15mm wheel spacers. Bought them from Evasive Motorsports. Studs are pressed into them and they have low profile nuts to mount the spacer to the factory studs. Just be sure that your wheels have the open cavity to allow the protruding factory studs to sit between the wheel's stud holes. The OEM sGT 18" wheels do, not sure which wheels you have but just be sure before you buy.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...CH-WS-5511467A&Category_Code=ICHIBA-SPACER-V2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts