2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a no frills radio that came with my 2014 Mazda 3 and I hate it.

I want a Nav system
I'd like to mirror my phone

Am I stuck with this crappy radio bevause of harness problems or lack of modules?

Thanks in advance

Jim

·
Registered
99 Posts
There are some cheap Android-based headunits from questionable retailers which are supposed to work, but I'd never put one in my car. (See above)

I have the same radio as you do and just run with my phone mounted on the dash/air vent and plug in to the aux port. With my setup I see no point in screen mirroring, since the phone is right there where the infotainment screen would be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depending on how much you want to spend there's other options out there from alpine.
it's all about how much your budget is. and what is worth it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are some cheap Android-based headunits from questionable retailers which are supposed to work, but I'd never put one in my car. (See above)
I don't have any experience with these units in particular, but I have had chinese android headunits in my car since about 2016 and I HIGHLY recommend them. I just put a 10" unit (purpose built like this) in my 2005 Mazda 3 and got wireless carplay with it for about $120 total.

They take a second to boot up but not much longer than our stock Mazda infotainment units. I understand they aren't for everyone since they require a bit of tweaking and they tend to be a little glitchy sometimes but I'm a big fan. If anyone has any questions about it feel free to reach out, I'd be happy to answer them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts