2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello proud and happy Mazda3 owners!

I just picked up my 2014 Mazda3 HB last week, The S Sport trim.

It comes with the infotainment system but NO rearview camera installed,,, anyone know if I can install the camera aftermarket.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah it can be done someone did a write up on it the other day.. I still dont understand why anyone needs a backup camera on a little car but to each his own.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yeah it can be done someone did a write up on it the other day.. I still dont understand why anyone needs a backup camera on a little car but to each his own.
I used to have the same mindset when backup cameras first came out. The hatch glass on the new gen is pretty small and sits up fairly high on the car. Huge blind spot directly behind the car and to the 5 and 7 o'clock positions. I'm a pretty confident driver but I'm glad I have the b/u camera.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Of course you can its just a matter of getting the part. Looking at the service manual (pg 7181-7183) it looks like its plug and play and the wiring is already in place.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Because sometimes you just want piece of mind backing up. Sometimes small children run behind cars and get run over.
Exactly! I'm a pretty confident driver as well, but it makes it easier for me to backup especially in my work parking garage .. Where everyone does 40mph in a small space.

The best thing about having a backup camera is getting used to your cars length. Every time I parked in a spot I would throw it into reverse and see how far away I was to the end of the parking spot. The 3 has a long nose and short back, this helped me get used to that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts