2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice on this forum that one of the remedies for problems is to briefly disconnect the battery, also when installing the official Mazda interior LED kit, I did disconnect the battery because the installation instructions told me to do so. This did not cause any problems except I needed to reset the power windows when I had reconnected.

However, I also have seen that there is an instruction from Mazda containing a (to my mind complicated) protocol which needs to be followed when replacing and/or reconnecting the battery, which includes resetting the power steering and other components.

Can anyone shed more light on this please?

The reason I ask is because I am thinking about using a battery charger with a recondition function to try and avoid the need to replace the battery. The instructions for this charger state that the battery must be disconnected from the car due to the higher voltages used.

Thanks for any help.

Andy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, just please remember to disconnect the negative first, some case disconnect negative is enought.
You only need to disconnect the negative. You can leave the positive. Just remember to properly secure the negative so it doesn't fall back onto the battery terminal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts