2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the cx-5 has this feature and part of the equation is an abs module that may have to be swapped. It would be nice to have while in traffic instead of cutting off at ~16mph. Can this feature be added to the existing MRCC?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
So you have a CX-5 with MRCC? Which year (KE or KF)?

My assumption is, that you need to add the Autohold feature (I might be wrong), which was discussed for adding it to the CX-5 KE in this thread already. Even if I have no MRCC in my KE, I thought about adding Autohold, but then decided not to do it.

So far, probably only one person has upgraded Autohold in Vietnam or China.

To realize this in the KE, you have to buy some parts from KF:
  • EPB switch (electronic parking brake) - for example KD2W66EP0
  • EPB control panel - KE trim cover must be cut out for the Autohold-switch
  • KF EPB control module (in the center of the armrest) - for example KC9E437E1A
  • KF ABS pump (which I don't know for sure) -> so it was too complicated and too unsafe for me
... and TPMS will disappeared forever, as the ABS-KF pump does not support TPMS version of the KE. The KF ABS pump uses TPMS sensors on the tires. Perhaps you can change this (I haven't checked it).

And you have to program Autohold - see here in mazda3revo for more details:
www.mazda3revolution.com/...built.169393/post-2486107
(and some posts before)
Activate Auto-Hold ::
7200412 00BF0222C0E0 B4 00 -> C0
7200413 00000005BF02 B302 03 -> 05

For me it was too expensive for Autohold only (not having MRCC). I already bought a KF EPB switch, but then I gradually realized that everything was needed and left it there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went through a similar thread for the cx-5 retrofit and I'm starting to think I dont have the resources to do this. Is the 7200417 data something I need a obd II scanner to find?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Trying to learn about the 3 before upcoming new car purchase.

I have a CX5 now that will come to a stop with auto-hold in traffic. A light touch on the gas pedal reactivates adaptive cruise, brings it back up to speed with the car in front.

The 3 does not have this feature???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Instead I press "Res" switch in the steering wheel after autohold engages but lets not hijack the thread.

To the OP you need to replace the Hydraulic Abs pump for true "stop and go" maybe an ABS pump from CX5 or CX3, bleed brakes, relearn and initialize ABS module.
I researched this for a friend's Cx3 this is the part he needed: ABS W/adaptive cruise but he didn't go for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Instead I press "Res" switch in the steering wheel after autohold engages but lets not hijack the thread.

To the OP you need to replace the Hydraulic Abs pump for true "stop and go" maybe an ABS pump from CX5 or CX3, bleed brakes, relearn and initialize ABS module.
I researched this for a friend's Cx3 this is the part he needed: ABS W/adaptive cruise but he didn't go for it.
Appreciated.

It seems that the CX5 parts, when adapted to the 3, are not activated by the same button (Res switch v. gas pedal), if I'm following correctly? Or do you mean that the 3 does come with stop-go and is activated by a steering mounted control rather than a gas pedal? I'd say either way, this information is quite helpful to the OP and others accessing this thread, so thank you.

(and chill a bit commando, it's an internet post not a thesis)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks for the info. So $690 and I don't need to recalibrate anything? Prob going to pass based on cost-benefit but cool to know that it could be done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts