2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay here's my issue, my locks have gone haywire on my 2010 Mazda 3 GT sedan. When the car is off, they start locking constantly 100 times a minute. Not the fobs, not the interior switches. (all I've gotten to so-far)

Video of issue: IMG_1588 - Streamable

Years ago the drivers door lock actuator failed and the drivers door was stuck closed, and if I recall correctly the whole lock system actually stopped working but I can't remember 100% on that.... Now I'm thinking maybe it's on its way out again but with a slightly different issue.

The BCM was suggested but someone put me onto it possibly being the lock actuator and thats when I remembered that it failed before 4 years ago. Could this part being bad cause the issue seen in the video or should I look elsewhere?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It really seems like an electrical issue. My girlfriend's car is making a very similar bug. She has a 2008 and when we exit the car and lock the car too fast, sometimes the car is locking and unlocking super fast like crazy until we put the key in the ignition and relock it a bit slower. One thing I noticed is that it was happening more frequently while her battery was due and low on power. She has an issue with driver side lock too. It doesn't unlock with the wireless key, but all other unlock. I'm not sure if it's related, but it wasn't making the bug before that lock issue. I hope this helps if it could relate to your problem.

·
Working Class Hero
3,548 Posts
I'll contribute this anecdotal theory based on another brand of car (so not sure if it applies). Acura /Honda lock actuator systems operate in series, so if one actuator goes out, the whole system stops working. Makes sense when you consider pushing the button once operates the drivers door and twice operates them all. Don't know if Mazda mimics that, but it's worth checking out before you replace a BCM.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts