2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short , I purchased this car not running. The owner blew out the clutch then over rev the engine spinning a rod bearing. I have replaced the clutch and the engine. ( I do this for a living ). Every wire is plugged up, all fuses seem ok and I have tested all relevant relays but I’m getting a rapid security flash suggesting the key may have lost programming. I hooked my autel computer to the obd and I can’t connect to the PCM. I next probably need to check my voltages and grounds coming out of the obd but don’t know what pins require what ? Keep in mind the transmission was pulled out over a year ago along with the pcm and placed in the trunk once it was determined the engine was bad. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just dawned on me that maybe the clutch needs engaged? I’m not with the car but could be a possibility?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Definitely a possibility about needing to press in the clutch pedal. You might get more responses if you posted this in a different section. This is a "How To" section instead of the Gen2 2010-2013 section.

I'm really only familiar with the Gen1 models that my kids own, and they only like automatics. :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts