2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anyone out there today that still offers performance camshaft replacements for 2013 2.0L skyactiv cars? I know OVT used to, but they don't anymore.

BBR provdes a set, but for the 2014+ cars

My understanding is that the 2013 and 2014+ cars share the same camshaft (same part#). The difference is the PCU controlling the timing. BBR says the camshaft is 100% VVT safe for piston clearance, but its most possible there are valve overlap clearance issues . So technically it is possible to install this cam, but without a 2014+ ECU to check the VVT intake and exhaust values I have no way to know what are acceptable limits.

Does anyone know what the intake and exhaust VVT values for a 2014+ 2.0L skyactiv engine are?

·
Super Moderator
5,475 Posts
A different ECU won't help you. You would need to reflash your ECU with a proper tuning solution for those cams. It won't run properly otherwise. There is more than just valve timing that would need to be addressed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A different ECU won't help you. You would need to reflash your ECU with a proper tuning solution for those cams. It won't run properly otherwise. There is more than just valve timing that would need to be addressed.
Understood. What I was getting at was that they only support 2014+ cars, I have a 2013. They won't tune my car with that cam. Seeing no one develops cams and tunes for 2013 skyactiv engines anymore, the next best thing is to do it myself. Yes, they would know more than me about their product. What they also wont do is give up the cam profile for that cam. So that means I do not know what the safe limits of that cam is until I understand what the OEM VVT values are in a 2014+ skyactiv vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts