·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Super Moderator
5,474 Posts
There was some discussion here on how to do it a while back.
In a nutshell, you need to lower the rear subframe a couple inches to remove the inner attachment bolt. The outer bolt is easy.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,262 Posts
I used the installation instructions I got from Corksport's and JBR's websites.

Like arathol said, its not really hard, it just requires some time, effort and a lot of cold beer (or did I mention the beer part?).
CK

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Did some work on my car today and decided to take a look at the camber arms. Inside bolts are definitely well blocked. It looked like there were 4 main bolts for the rear subframe?

·
Super Moderator
5,474 Posts
Yes, but they are nuts with studs welded to the body. Loosen the two nuts at the rear, support the front with the jack, remove the two front nuts then lower accordingly.
The mounting nuts should be torqued to ~ 80 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah, makes sense. There’s a lot of miscellaneous items that look like need to be removed to allow the subframe to be lowered.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
11 Posts
Recently installed Godspeed MonoSS coilovers, rear camber arms, progress RSB 200% stiffer, and drilled an extra hole in FSB to increase effective spring rate ~20%.
Car drives AMAZING, grip, grip, and more grip :)
Hopefully the Godspeeds hold up for me!
Really impressed with the build quality, so I'm hopeful

F Camber: -1.9
F Caster: 6.8
F Toe: -.04
R Camber: -1.3
R Toe: 0.0

I thought about going with more camber, but concerned about straight line traction (I already have enough power to break both front wheels loose, Tune/CAI/high flow cat/muffler).
Having the sway bars done really keeps the car more level which should help reduce the excessive wear on the outside edge of my tires.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I thought about going with more camber, but concerned about straight line traction (I already have enough power to break both front wheels loose, Tune/CAI/high flow cat/muffler).
Having the sway bars done really keeps the car more level which should help reduce the excessive wear on the outside edge of my tires.
How do you do that without a LSD?:unsure:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Mazda AT seems like it's doing something to even power distribution, OR it's just that the new suspension setup keeps enough friction on both fronts.
Whatever it is, both front wheels chirp and spin a little with normal punch throttle from red light. And at autocross event with trying to launch I can spin both fronts for a solid 10 ft or more, just for fun :cool: (but it shortens tire life RAPIDLY).
Also noticed I can spin both wheels when getting hard on the gas early in a corner, though the inside wheel spins more.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts